Yakuza 7 - We're turn-based RPG brawling now!

If I remember correctly, you can adjust the difficulty at almost any time through the ingame settings menu. So you don’t really lose anything adjusting the difficulty up or down to suit, unless specifically chasing a difficulty related achievement. So you can start out on Normal and adjust from there if you want.

This will be the first Yakuza game for me, so I’m hoping it turns out to the best one.

I tried with previous ones, but it didn’t take.

Yakuza 2 - rented it, watched “previously” movie to get caught up, watched all the intro cutscenes, got to gameplay and didn’t want to play a fighting game, returned it.
Yakuza 3 - rented it, watched “previously” movie to get caught up, watched all the intro cutscenes, got to gameplay and didn’t want to play a fighting game, returned it.

I learned my lesson finally! I can’t stand the “standing in the street fighting some dude” gameplay even long enough to find out what else the game has.

A turn-based RPG brawling might be different enough that I might be able to enjoy this one.

Damn, this is apparently an Xbox Series X release title, and that console isn’t coming out until “holiday” this year, so we have a few months to wait for this, I guess. :P

Do you have Gamepass on PC? I think Y0 is on there now if you were inclined.

See above. I learned my lesson already. :) Not interested as long as it was just a brawler, no matter how good the rest of it is.

Fair. I’ve never been interested in the series before but I love the conceit that this is a modern game where the MC is an rpg nerd and much of the combat is his own imagination

Do not remember getting a good look at the character stats screen, job system screen, some item shops, and some other stuff in the IGN video. So yeah, the Gamespot video seems to have some gameplay footage that wasn’t shown in the IGN video.

The store page is up on Steam, along with pre-order bonuses and stuff. After releasing Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 for cheaper than you might have expected SEGA are apparently going for full AAA pricing this time around for Yakuza 7 - Like A Dragon.

Well, those other games released at a later time than the originals, right? This is simultaneous release, isn’t it?

In the West, it seems so, yes. It was released in Japan in January, though.

Right.

Do we have a release date? I have too much Yakuza to catch up and I’m dilly-dallying with Fist of the North Star!

Edit: Playstation says November 13.

I have 114 days to clear out my gaming backlog.

Yakuza the AR RPG

By managing a cabaret club, duh.

I hope Yuki is there!

November 13… less than a week before Cyberpunk 2077 (if the latter is not delayed again).

I love that as a unique feature for a game.

This could be my first Yakuza game. I really hope I love it.