Yeesh...Wal-Mart Yanks Magazines

How long do you think it’ll be 'til some of these “Christian Groups” pick up a copy of PC Gamer, etc. and see all the bloodshed inside its pages?

Wal-Mart sucks.

–Dave

Why does Wal-Mart suck? Aren’t they just doing what their customers want?

I think Bud from Repoman has the right attitude.

“Well, you better not be. I don’t want no commies in my car. No Christians either!”

No, Wal-Mart is doing what a vocal, puritan subset of its customers wants.

No, Wal-Mart is doing what a vocal, puritan subset of its customers wants.[/quote]

You called that one. Those mags may be a bit racy, but I don’t think they go over the line. They are the male equivalent of Vogue, Cosmo, and the like.

I also don’t agree with Wal-Mart not carrying the full version of CDs. It’s OK to offer the edited and explicit versions. Just don’t sell the explicit version to kids if that is people’s hangup.

-DavidCPA

PS…I was at Wal-Mart this weekend and noiced huge posters in the clothing area that had women modeling swimsuits including bikinis. They must go I tell you before we all are damned to hell! Wal-Mart should only sell one piece swimsuits for women. Let’s protest, who’s with me?

Huh. I don’t know anything about this issue specifically, but it seems bizarre to me that Wal-Mart would shoot themselves in the foot by yanking a magazine that most people want to buy, just because a few people object. My guess would be that either A) more people dislike the magazine than like it; or B) the people who dislike the magazine spend so much more money at the store than the ones who like it that Wal-Mart would hurt its business by losing them. In either case, it seems like Wal-Mart is just making a rational business decision, and the problem lies with the antisexuality issues that this country (particularly the heartland) has.

Who the hell shops for clothes at Wall Marts? I usually go the the Gap! I would never be seen at WalMart because it’s filled with non-educated hicks.

-just my opinion…

Does Wal-Mart still sell Dixie Chicks CDs or did they go the way of this radio station:

http://www.salon.com/ent/wire/2003/05/06/dixie_chicks/index.html

How stupid is that?

-DavidCPA

I’ve never bought one single piece of clothing for myself from the Gap. I guess you can lump me in with the non-educated hicks who shop at Wal-Mart :D

-DavidCPA

I’ve never bought one single piece of clothing for myself from the Gap. I guess you can lump me in with the non-educated hicks who shop at Wal-Mart :D

-DavidCPA[/quote]

Haha… Actually I’ll buy my work clothes at Kmart and my weekend/college clothes at the Gap, Structure, etc…

David… why don’t you like the Gap? Is it the $70 jeans? The $40 shirts? or the $20 boxers? :D

Wal-Mart prices:
Jeans/Jean Shorts - $15
Shirts (solid color t-shirts) - $4
Boxers - $7 for a pack of 6

I do shop at J.C. Penney for my work clothes (Dockers and such) which is pricier than WM, but cheaper than the Gap.

-DavidCPA

You are a fashion god.

Educated people shop at Wal-Mart? Wow.

WTF is wrong with you guys. You know that clothing you’re buying is made by people making like 5 cents an hour under slave labor conditions right?

–Dave

I have to agree with Dave.

Fuck Wall-Mart.

– Xaroc

I’ve written one song in my life. It was when I was in a band in high school called The Moops. The song was called “Fuck Wal-Mart”, and I’m pretty sure it was the best song we ever wrote. Anyway, I’m going to assume Xaroc is quoting my song, which makes me famous. The end.

Precisely why I stopped shopping at the Gap.

That actually might be something to protest. Can I have a link please? Similar to the Gap link above.

-DavidCPA

I hate the GAP because of corporate politics.

I shop at Macy’s for clothes. Decent button-up shirts, sockies, pants, etc. When it comes to underoos… uh, I mean boxers, it’s all about the expensive stuff. My ass prefers comfort. Hehe.

Only in a country with so many freedoms can people become enraged when a SINGLE retailer pulls 3 magazines off its shelves.

Then again…

“First they came for Maxim and I did nothing.”

:roll: