Yo-ho-ho, it's Tempest!

I’ve found Tempest when I was surfing through bundles on steam sale. It was in some crappy bundle of unknown dev and I bought the whole bundle for 20 bucks just because I decided to try FootLol.
FootLol is poorly made crap (as for me), but this game hooked me up immideatly after I installed it. What can I say? I love pirates! I played sea dogs and Pirates by Sid Meir when I was a kid and this game gave me some nostalgia.
So I decided to ask you, guys, if you have played it. What do you think? I would rate it 7,5 out of 10.
I would also like to know if any of you guys are currently playing it, 'cause I want to have some company while plundering the civilian ships.

I bought it via a bundle, as well, way back during early EA, but had played only 26 minutes before shelving it until release. Thanks for making this thread, since I’ll be firing it up as late as this weekend!

You had me at

On my wishlist

GMG has it on sale today (already!) for $8.99. Worth it?

I think so. The dev is pretty receptive to player suggestions. The game’s not nearly as polished as SM Pirates, but it is a worthy effort, especially for a one-person (I believe) dev team. I wish the UI was better, but I’m always critical of a lacking UI.

I read the title and thought it was another remake to the old arcade game that got remade years ago by Microsoft.

Getting annoyed with GMG. Logged in, shows $11.99. Later on FB, I see an ad by them saying $8.99. I try again, still $11.99.

I’m surprised they were able to use that name. Doesn’t Atari (whoever) still have rights, as didn’t they recently shut down Jeff Minter’s TxK.

To be fair, Minter’s TxK was a spiritual successor to a game he developed under Atari, if not a direct sequel. The game in this thread has nothing to do with that property, and I doubt they could argue it’s an infringement given the common term for the name and its inability to impact or benefit from their IP.

That said, we’re talking Atari and lawyers. Heaven only knows what nefarious activities that combination could drum up.

Unlike Bethesda going after Mojang with Scrolls v. Elder Scrolls: Gamename, here the name for both games is the single word. They’d be on better footing if if was Tempest: subtitle, but perhaps if they haven’t been sued yet they are fine. Movies seem to frequently come out with the same title too, I just can’t really recall it happening much in video games.

Do you qualify for their so-called “VIP” pricing? That might make the difference.

That’s odd - now it’s showing $11.99 again. Perhaps it was a hiccup in the system.

Possibly. As for the VIP pricing, I thought you just had to be logged in with an account (not a “guest”) to get it. Still, I’ll get over it.