You bought horse armor. You bought loot crates. You'll buy in-game NFTs.

I never bought Horse Armor and I’ve never used money to acquire a single loot crate. I am confident I am never going to own an NFT either.

Is this a joke? I can’t tell.

Here is a game where not only can you buy ships but you can buy the land to place your mines on:

The trailer looks great but there are no gameplay videos.

I was watching some youtubes videos where some people can earn 300 - 500 dollars a month on these NFT games. That may seem low to us but in other countries that is a lot of money to make. So you could mine resources and sell them in the player economy.

Other issues aside, the transaction fees on the Tezos blockchain are negligible… Maybe $0.01 to $0.05 per transaction. You’re probably thinking of the Ethereum transaction fees, which are routinely in the $150 - $500 range.

Yeah no fucking thank you.

Plus handling & shipping inventory management.
Joke aside, even that is exorbitant for the functional equivalent of a single, simple, indexed SQL query to transact virtual hats.

If I can make 500 bucks a month selling digital bear assess to people with personality disorders, I’m in!

Embrace the future!

I didn’t even know my wallet had wifi.

Your mom features an engraved serial number.

Your mom, Proof of Stake, something something

This is always a Ponzi scheme. It works as long as enough new people are buying into the game; after that the in-game assets become worthless and the people still playing are screwed. (Sometimes the Ponzi is supplemented by stupid VC money, which means it can pay out a little longer).

Oh believe me I aint going to start playing but the grab seems to be aimed at players looking for that a way out of their circumstances.

Besides selling ships and land to mine makes me think of Star Citizen.

Anything with more than one type of currency is suspect as far as I am concerned.

In EQ2, there were gold farmers killing stuff and harvesting, whatever, to make in-game gold to sell online for I think mostly China-based gold farming operations. Given that EQ2 had faction-based PvP servers, where I played, and some zones were open PvP areas, my guild made it a point to sweep certain popular farming spots every day and kill all the gold farmers. In addition to being fun, and probably a public service, we finally killed one dude so often he actually asked to join our guild. We let him, and from then on he was the only farmer we let live.

*Genghis Khan has entered the chat

Jesus, what a gold mine.

We at DERPSPACE™ are excited to announce that we will be rolling out the first DERPNFTs™ just in time for the Christmas Holiday. You can buy them starting at the low, low price of $599.99, and you can look at them while you play DERPSPACE™! To ensure compliance with environmental standards, we will burn one trash pile for every DERPNFT™ sold.

Here’s a sneak peak of the first one we’ll be issuing at the $599 price-point:

(Note: Please do not copy/paste this image.)
(Am I doing this right?)

NOOOOOOOO!

Blockchain is like a general deed system that “cannot be hacked” i.e. need not worry about deed fraud. The odious aspect rather is property speculation: people invent NFT and “sell” it, using the blockchain deed system to firm up the property value (rather than seeing NFT as valueless).

Some right-wing free market type would welcome Ubisoft’s effort as experiment on how to efficiently capitalise NFT and blockchain in general.

It’s kind of a joke, although it is really what I should be doing if I ever want to buy that island.