You can see Cloudpunk the way Roy Batty might've seen it

You can see Cloudpunk the way Roy Batty might’ve seen it Developer Ion Lands has added new views to Cloudpunk. You can use a snazzy first-person view or a new zoomed-in third-person view along with the original zoomed-out perspective. They’re optional and free. The feature feels a little bit like it’s held together with gum and persistence, but it works. Check out the gorgeously voxelated neon world and feel like a Nexus-6. There’s no C-Beams or attack ships off the shoulder of Orion, but blocky heads and rain abound.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/06/01/you-can-see-cloudpunk-the-way-roy-batty-mightve-seen-it/

I played this with the new first-person view yesterday and it was even more amazing than it was when zoomed out. I love that they’re fleshing out this game more.

First person cockpit view now added.

The only reason I didn’t look further into this game is that @tomchick warned me away from it. It looks so cool.

It definitely looks cool. Maybe one day the developer will put a game into it!

-Tom

Well, Rock8man’s link does include this:

‘… and Ion Lands says its other previously teased new features - including a major story update with new and returning characters, a vehicle constructor, and optional racing - are still on the way.’

Please don’t listen to Tom here - its an excellent game, full of experiences, fun and atmosphere! I realize there are lots of words here Tom don’t really agree with should be in a game, but I disagree a bit here.

I had a wonderful time with the game and spent 7 hours completing it - probably the only game I completed this year.

Look Tom, they’re adding a “sequel-sized” DLC City.

Edit: Here’s the trailer.

Anyone try City of Ghosts?

Nah, I’m gonna finish the original campaign before diving in. Loving it though, and very much looking forward to more time in Nivalis, as well as the Nivalis game coming out in a year or so!

I haven’t, but I would like to. Looks pretty cool.

Wishlisted, that looks really good. Love what their art team is capable of.

Also fishing right there in the game sales pitch!

I KNOW! Fishing in Nivalis sounds GREAT.

Well I just finished the story of the base game, which was GREAT, so once I do this last quest I’ll dive into City of Ghosts.

Started playing this today, it really is pretty great, just made my first real choice, be interesting to see how it pans out.