You guys! Check it out! Star Wars Squadrons.... Might it be..?

How well does X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter run in Windows 10? Are there mods and widescreen support?

[ed]

For X-Wing Alliance there is this:

https://www.xwaupgrade.com/

I mean, they even added the requisite HDR bloom found in nearly every modern video game. Maybe they can also do raytracing?

Of course, making constant comparisons to ancient non-EA games isn’t going to help motivate EA to create new installments.

I am also fond of Balance of Power, although it had some gameplay issues.

I didn’t know it ever got a Star Wars license, though!

;)

I really hope they have realistic damage. Would like to see chunks fall off of ships and not just an explosion.

I’m not sure the contract that EA has with the starship manufacturers allows visible damage to the 3d models.

Can’t sell JPEGs if the ship models are damaged.

Seriously though, Hot Wheels mastered locational damage decades ago. Space ship creators need to get with the program.

Shit, I forgot about those.

Somebody is modding the original two games so they run in a modern engine (using the original dataset)

Looks great! I like how they incorporated the FPS counter into the ship dashboard.

Just over half hour left. My body is ready… to be disappointed.

According to the leaked press release, Star Wars Squadrons will release on October 2nd. Not only that, but the game will come out on all three major digital stores (Steam, Origin and Epic Games Store).

Star Wars Squadrons will be a first-person space dogfighting game set after the events of Return of the Jedi. The game is developed by Motive Studios and will include both single-player and multi-player campaigns. Furthermore, the game will support cross-play between PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Electronic Arts has also confirmed that the PC version will support VR from the get-go.
The publisher will release a brand new trailer for this new Star Wars game later today. Moreover, EA will release a proper gameplay trailer/video at EA Play 2020, on June 18th.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/star-wars-squadrons-is-coming-to-steam-origin-and-epic-games-store-on-october-2nd/

Awww yiss! This might just not suck salty chocolate balls in the end…

Aw, darn it. I guess we’re only going to get a cinematic trailer today then.

Whoa, that’s RIGHT NOW, the moment I found this thread. Let’s check in.

Great trailer!

Though, since it’s a cinematic trailer, it doesn’t tell us if it’s single player or multiplayer only.

Did they say whether it was first-person or “chase” view? Mouse controls?

VR implies inside the pit.

Yeah definitely felt like they’re leaning into MP, but impossible to say what the SP experience will look like. It does look like there’s a veritable story mode, though, that they’re setting up.

Oh! Watching the post-reveal analysis, they did say SP storyline.

Was that Wedge in the cockpit in a quick scene?