You have died... again. Dark Souls 2 announced

I have scaled up my Havel’s to +5, both shield and armor. The shield is great, but the armor doesn’t seem to really matter much if at all. I still take a huge amount of damage from every hit.

Damn, Fume Knight sucks.

Three great bosses in that DLC, but all three require a lot of investment to reach that point, one way or the other.

I’m not saying that investment is necessarily worth it either.

I think with two of them it is, not sure with the other. With Sir Allone you can always summon the available NPC and then get rid of him before the actual boss fight. Doing it slowly makes that pretty easy.

I would very much like to slap the wag whose sign I saw when entering Fume Knight’s arena for the first time: “lesser foe ahead”

It’s a decent illustration of the toxic “git gud” attitude that at least one Steam forums commenter believes his 93% failure rate represents a “well-designed boss”. A lot of similar tells, and some truly bullshit hitboxes, especially in the second phase. I wish I had a screenshot of the death I suffered standing behind him and to his right as he thrust the big flaming sword forward.

Also you should be able to stack the three DLC crowns together and walk around looking like the pope.

Fuuuuuuuuck yooooooou, buddy.

In what seems a short time but represents more deaths than any other boss but Orphan or Midir, I learned this guy’s tells better than I know my brothers’ facial expressions. I still think his flame hitboxes are bullshit, though. I may just traipse around the rest of the game like this.

Those crowns should each give you some special power that you could then use in the next DLC.

Hoo, boy, did I ever not know what this was referring to until now.

Not sure I follow you here, but joke messages like this are a time honored tradition since Demon’s Souls.

Kinda like the “Jump Here” messages on every cliff.

the boss is beatable (and a good fight) if you can get to him. I usually just kill everything in the way until they disappear, or at least the enemies that can get in your way. The big bad guy at the end you can usually avoid. As for the going straight thru after pulling the lever method, I have never been able to time that right twice in a run.

Woof, not sure I have a whole other DLC in me. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere I usually clock these things at around 47 hours, and I’m already at hour 60 and a chunk left to go. Getting tired of my build, weapons, etc. Maybe I’ll respect to dual caestūs and punch my way to the ivory king. Considering skipping it for now though.

Vendrick sort of shamed me into continuing, but I dropped 45k souls to one of those invisible guys, so I idly checked out the wiki on this DLC and holy shit, it seems gigantic. I am annoyed that I found the place where the item that lets you see invisible people, apparently, is, but there was no interaction when I approached it. I guess you have to be at one end of it to see the prompt, ugh.

I wonder if I’ll end up re-installing this one day just so that I can see the other two DLC that I haven’t seen yet. I know I never want to go into the snow one ever again.

I think the only way to find the DLC areas is some kind of youtube walkthrough. I tried finding it through text descriptions last time and could never do it.

The entrances are not hidden, though, they’re just after a couple boss fights (and one is right smack in your path, the one you went to). The items are tucked away here and there. I stumbled over all of them in the course of being a Nosy Nancy. This game really is enormous. Too much so, I think. I am fatigued for sure, but I felt this way in the Ringed City and ended up finishing that

You have to work your way around to the right from the opening entrance. There are a couple bonfires on the way so it’s not one big rush. You then get the item that allows you to see the invisible boss. That is a good fair fight. You then have the option to literally re-run that area with several changes, picking up allies for the main boss of the DLC. The third boss in this DLC is totally skipable. A very annoying run to a bullshit boss.

The main boss is a good fight with the help. I never fought it without the help so I can only imagine it would be near impossible. Although no doubt some people do it.

The invisible boss is a great boss to put down a summon sign for. Probably one of the most summoned for bosses in the game.

One entrance is in the cellar room past the Iron King boss area. One is the room you go thru to get to the raining castle. And I forget where the other is. Behind the Rotten I think.

Hahahah. It’s like you’re talking a different language. Speaking of which, how the hell do you remember that?

The entrances are all kind of strange statue memorial looking places that seem like you should be able to interact with them but you can’t, until you get the key. I have no recollection of where I got the keys from. The areas were actually there in vanilla DS2 IIRC, but in vanilla you could never interact with them. So they must have put them in in the original design for future use with SOTFS. I guess. :)