You know you are are an Over-the-Hill Gamer when:

I was thinking about growing older as a gamer (I am now 53) and what that means.

You know you are an Over-the-Hill Gamer when:

[ol]
[li]You have to buy special computer glasses just to see ANYTHING on the screen and you only sit 4 feet away (lately this applies to Stardrive - can not see anything and that is just the youtube videos).[/li][li]When you purchased XCOM Enemy Unknown and you forgot to play it (shame on you you old TBSer)[/li][li]You are content to just watch the story as your daughter plays Tomb Raider![/li][li]Wondering if you will see CIV 6 before your turn sixty (that is actually scary) ;)[/li][li]Worried that your 18 year old will buy a better computer than you (and not understanding exactly all the parts he included)![/li][/ol]

If you made it to 53 without needing reading glasses for the computer until now, you’re doing damn well!

No, no - I always wore glasses but now I need three different pairs (one for driving, one for reading, and one for computing).

:>)

My dad didn’t begin gaming until he was nearly 60. Now he’s 70. He prefers first person shooters (“just give me something where I can shoot”) and his Steam friends list is more than double mine.

You know you are are an Over-the-Hill Gamer when you doubt that you will live long enough to play all the games you bought on sale.

1. You miss manuals.
  2. You still wonder if having 3d in strategy games is a good thing.
  3. You think multiplayer is a fad
  4. You are sure social integration is a fad
  5. load “*”,8,1

Pretty sure I hit that point before 40.

Yes!

1. The Castle Wolfenstein you remember fondly was 2D.

LOL, all of the above and I thought I still had a few good years left :(

Your dad is awesome. Also, this thread is awesome. Also, my lawn: kids get off it.

-Tom

When you start spending more on Kickstarter nostalgia projects than retail games.

1. You remember having to make boot disks and bat files to run games like Wing Commander.
  1. When you discuss fond memories of Oregon Trail with your co-workers, and ten minutes in you realize they are not referring to the one that was green.

Type BANG.

xyzzy

You buy a new computer, then spend all your free time trying to getting those DOS games you refuse to throw away to run.

“Come on, Terra Nova! Why won’t you work? Where do I download a frame limiter, so Omnitrend’s Universe doesn’t run so fast? Hey, the graphics on MULE really hold up well, don’t you think?. Do I really need this mouse thing? None of the games I play seem to recognize it. Where’s my codewheel for Falcon?”

When you watch the PS4 press conference and think. “Hey how cool is it I have worked with a lot of these people! Good to see them up on stage!” then think “Man they sure look kinda old and grey…” …then realize they are all younger than you :(

When you overhear people in your Yoga-class talking about “Gurus” and “meditation”, you instinctively experience Amiga-nostalgia.

Whenn you remember buying games magazine that had games you typed code in to on your ZX spectrum and when finished you couldn’t get them to work because you made a keying error somewhere.

Or at school the computer of choice was a BBC Micro

I still credit typing those games in with helping me become more accurate and diligent in my daily work. I tend to make very few mistakes and I feel the skills I developed making sure the programs I typed in worked the first time help me still today in the types of programming and engineering I do.

We used to have the Commodore PET computers at school. Those seemed to be pretty useless at the time for some reason :).

You can still recite the Konami code on command. UUDDLRLRBAstart!