You suck at real time strategy games, so here are 10 ways to improve

Title You suck at real time strategy games, so here are 10 ways to improve
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Features
When June 2, 2016

(The following article is reprinted without the permission of the site where it orginally appeared, because they never paid me, so I can do whatever I want with it..

Read the full article

Does having a bigger straw really help in a milkshake battle?

Of course it does! Ask Daniel Day-Lewis.

Truer words have never been said about #5. That ship has sailed (and sunked) a long time ago.

#1-5 also applies to playing chess. You are halfway there, Tom Chick!

Spoilers Tom! I'm still not finished Game 5 of the AoE series. Fortunately I'm just in it for the laughs so I'll still watch.

I hold this to be an iron law in RTS:

When your opponent attacks, defend.
When they defend, expand.
When they expand, attack.

Meeting honourably on the field of battle for a big bust-up is spectacular but not expedient. Take it from me: I reached the dizzying heights of Diamond League in Starcraft 2. (The sponsorships! The women!) Now I'm washed up.

The last RTS to have a good single player campaign was Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. Pure skirmish mode with all units available right from the get go, and a mildly interesting strategic portion sprinkled on top.

Correction?
"You might really like Predator Tanks[.] I feel you, since I do too[,] but the more a game is based"

Can someone please make Battle for Middle Earth 3... no seriously make it. Can you even play BfME2 on a pc anymore.

As someone who's made it to diamond league 1v1 and master league 2v2 in Starcraft 2, #5 made me feel like a total badass. Also, I completely agree with it - I have friend who has spent years getting incredibly angry at SC2. That game eats it young.

I am a firm believer the only way to win at RTSes is not to play. Or be Korean, either works.

Offworld Trading Company is on the phone. It wants to talk to you.

What's the ABV in Offworld Trading Company? Isn't the whole game ABV? And hey, I paid too much for this coffee in an auction, I'm going to enjoy it.

ABM. Always Black Market.

Amen to that.

They need to remake both C&C: Generals and BfME2 and give it a great matchmaking server (not the EA clusterfuck that drops support 6 months after release). No other RTS has done character and humor better since.

Go play Edain Mod. It's pretty good, and it pretty much glues together the mechanics of BfME 1 and 2 while significantly expanding upon both.