You'll never guess who drags down the gameplay in Alien: Isolation

Eh, I think the game would be improved with a little less alien.

For example, there are multiple times where the alien is essentially stalking within about 100 yards of you constantly, over multiple levels. On a huge space station. With numerous other people who I assume are just as tasty.

For some reason, it's pulled towards you with an attraction it doesn't understand. Why didn't the alien immediately encounter whatever force field requires it to only hang out around you for hours and hours, right when you enter the station? Did the alien force Sigourney Weaver to crawl from cubbie to cubbie over two hours of movie time?

An alien that comes and goes every 5 minutes or so is more real to me than one that leaves and comes back every 45 seconds, for multiple hours, constantly.

I find myself wanting the alien to be hard to manage when he's around, but not to obsessively hang out wherever I am, no matter how stealthy I'm playing, for hours and hours. It starts to feel contrived and obnoxious.

Actually, a 2/5 isn't "The Game is bad," it's, "I think the game is bad." There's kinda a big difference there. Now if God himself had come down from the heavens and said, "I think the game is bad," then you could probably say "His review means the game is bad" and be correct.

2/5 ? pff, sunday gamer

Honestly, I loved the entire game. The monster is not suppossed to be the quintessential piece of this game. Survival, the one primal instinct in all living creatures. This game gets it, you're not skulking around your hiding. Just trying to live. If you're drive is to overpower every aspect of this game, you won't. That's what makes this game good in my opinion.

Real mature wishing cancer on people.You ignorant,immature little cunt.

Alien instawarps behind you for the 50th time because the supposed advanced hunter ai is just a poorly designed rubber band. You enjoy every second of it with a shit eating grin.

That's a kind of skill I suppose.

The key to the game is the sound effects. If you pay attention to the motion tracker, and then pay even closer attention to the sound effects when the alien is closeby, the game becomes a masterpiece.
Metallic thuds tell you that the alien is stomping around in the air ducts. Look around. Is there a hole in the ceiling of the room you are in? no? Then disregard the alien's presence until you hear him make normal-sounding footfalls. He will have to drop down to your level somewhere else and then make his way back to your position. This will take a few seconds.
It is a perfect time to get from point A to point B, throw that generator switch, and take the elevator to the next place.
once the Alien showed Up in the game, spent the first few areas running from one locker to another, hating the way he was ruining the fun every time he showed up.
But once I learned the sound clues, the game became an absolute blast. The lockers quickly become meaningless to you.
They are meant to be a last defense in the event that you are caught off guard and have absolutely nowhere else to go. When you learn to use the sound clues effectively, you will avoid getting in these lockers. it's a lot more fun playing the game than looking through some vents for 5 minutes at a time.
When you get the flamethrower midway through the game, it helps to level the playing field a little bit. Get in a corner so the Alien can't flank you, wait for him to come to you and then fire a couple of quick bursts of hell at him. He'll flee and you can continue your progress. It's suspenseful, rewarding, and a hell of a fun game.
Get a nice set of surround sound headphones and try Alien: isolation again. It's a shame people have to lower the game's metascore with poor reviews when they obviously aren't playing it correctly.

By far the best "horror" game I've ever played. Alien:Reloading? Only if you don't know how to play the game. I rarely reloaded, even on Hard. The game is about stealth, and it's not instant-death especially as you know your tools. But if you knew the *movie* this game is based on, then you'd understand the instant-death approach.

Alien: Isolation is one of the best games I've played in a long, long time. In fact, I think it's the most heart racing game I've ever played.

The thing is, this isn't an instant-death fail. There are many things that lead up to the death. The noises the alien makes, when he first "sees" you, he's not sure it's you so comes to investigate (at which point you can hide and thus not die). You can distract the alien with noise-makers and other humans (so fun). You can even fight back the alien with fire (molotov, flame thrower). If you break LOS from the alien, you can hide and not die.

Yes, the alien is unkillable, yes if he catches you you die. But there are so many ways to prevent him from catching you. The game is a *perfect* homage to the original movie, from the setting, characters, and Alien.

The revolver is for humans, not aliens.

Sory pal, but this post makes no sense.
The alien's AI is incredibly well done, and very close to the first movie's Xenomorph, acctually it's the strongest point of the game.

Also, you mention "combat" as relevant in this game...the objective of the game is to NEVER engage in combat with any other being (except for a few stun batons here or there), the weapons are only for those moments when you screw it and must dispatch the enemy quick and immediatly hide.

Last but not least: you are complaining of meeting the alien too often....IN A GAME ABOUT THE ALIEN.
oh wait, I'm so stupid, in a game tittled "isolation", we need amounts of enemies equal to Dinasty Warriors right? Or we need Sevastopol to be another Resident Evil's mansion, filled with unreal puzzles, or we need more weapons, to reach Call of Duty's level of shooting.
NO! The idea of the game is giving you the unsetling feeling of being alone having the alien right behind of you, knowing he can climb down a vent in any moment to hunt you, the same feeling the original movie's Ripley had.

Sumary: you got it all wrong pal, replay the game and pay more atention, seriously, you are basically sugesting this game is worst than Colonial Marines.

I'm sorry but this game was just boring as hell. there is only so much walking around a mostly empty space station with scary music playing in the background that I can do before I decide that this isn't worth my time. dead space essentially did the same thing and did it far better than this ridiculous excuse for a game.

Possibly one of the dumbest reviews ever the best part of this game is when the alien arrives precisely because it takes you right out of your stupid comfort zone. With no safety nets. No worthwhile weapons, ammo, friends, few save points etc etc. Yes the game looks pretty but it wouldn't be enough without the alien walking around making an appearence now and again. The reason why people bought and will buy this game is because of the alien and the fact this game captures the terror and and creepiness of the Alien film perfectly.

Completely agree. I value my time differently as well. I find just walking around nice looking game environments or blasting away endless enemies with endless ammo and with no risk of loss pretty tedious.

He's a game critic so its unlikely his time is that valuable. I'm inclined to agree I think the reviewer shows a lack of skill in what is a tense and exciting horror game. Its a completely bonkers idea to suggest the game would be better if you got to enjoy the good looking environment and the alien didn't show up. There is oodless of oppurtunity to look at the environment and appreciate it.

The thing is the are many many points where the alien does not 'hang' around your vicinity. And its true the alien will show up sometimes after you have just taken the transit system to another area but honestly people would complain that there wasn't enough alien in that case. Don't forget there is a large section mid game with no alien. I think they got the balance of alien- no alien about right. *SPOLIER* I think it was rubbish the way it showed up outside at the end though.

That was Aliens Jim camerons vietnam take on the universe not Ridley Scotts take on things which is what this game is based on.

What?

Nonsense.

Thats spot on. Tbh I'm not a stealth fan, its a great mechanic but I can't always be bothered with it, however when its Alien(s) we are talking about hell yeah I'll be patient with it.