Your 2022 Blast from the Past Game of the Year

The engine still uses the same assets - but it can do cool stuff like volumetric fog now.

I guess that helps replicate the claustrophobic feeling of view distance fog!

I haven’t dug into any older games as yet as I’ve not had a PC for a long time but I’ve got such a strong urge to go back to Rome: Total War. Now that I’ve a few plane rides likely coming up, I think this urge may grow too strong to be resisted.

I also pine for Caesar 3 on a regular basis but I have a feeling that might just be too old at this point.

I mentioned Caesar 3 recently when my friend @Bumhead told me about the new Pharaoh remake coming out this month, which I had no idea about. Maybe that will scratch your olde itch!

Oh nice!!! Thank you!

One of my favourite things about Caesar 3 wasn’t even in the game. In the printed manual, buried deep in the glossary at the end, one of the entries read ‘what the fuck is this shit?’.

I think of it often, and whichever copywriter was so sick of their job that they needed to take revenge.

Oh wow, now I want to check out that manual…!

I’ve been trying hard to find a reference to it anywhere on the internet but I can’t. And yet I have vivid memories of running through the house to show my mum!

Well if I find anything I’ll share it here first! :)