Your Books that are Interesting (National Novel Writing Month 2012)

November One is upon us, ladies and gentlemen. Who’s still in?

I think I am, but I don’t know what to write.

I’m in!

Write what you know, man: bottle story about a restaurant manager stranded during a hurricane! Go!

Seriously tho, none for me this year, but I am going to try to focus on my other writing for the duration of the month. Somewhat humorously, The NYC NaNo kick off meeting was re-scheduled due to the hurricane. So, November’s a couple days shorter for some people I guess.

I’m here. Think I am gonna go with the pulpy scifi adventure romp with shades of Indiana Jones and Star Control 2/3 mixed in.

Mix of light and dark fantasy elements for me. I like the title more than the plot outline so far, but we’ll see. The Shadow Minister – needless to say, not a member of the opposition party in this case.

I am Miramon on the nano site if you want to link to or buddy me.

Looking forward to this getting underway. I’m probably going to have to keep away from the internet to make time for this, so I doubt I’ll be around here as much as I’d planned. But good luck everybody, and don’t get too high during the first week. This shit is a marathon.

Welp, going to bed at 1,016 words. I can live with that. Now, work tomorrow might suck balls, but hey, when doesn’t it?

2236 words before work.

Go you lovely writers of the Nanowrimo! Spin those words, cast your spells. Good luck!

From England which was a country on the Mayflower which was a ship came boners. These boners included big boners, little boners, fat boners, skinny boners, healthy boners, sickly boners, bumpy boners, smooth boners, light boners, dark boners, light boners, heavy boners, light-hearted boners, melancholy boners — but big, little, fat, skinny, healthy, sickly, bumpy, smooth, light, dark, light, heavy, light-hearted, and melancholy alike, all of them were decidedly BONERS. They were the Pilgrims.

I hate you. 300 words before work. Only 49,700 to go.

It helps that I get up a 6am (no alarm, I just wake up then every day, no matter when I fell asleep), but don’t have to go to work until 9am. Normally I use the time to watch some TV, browse the Internets, exercise… this month, it’s 2+ hours of writing time every day.

About 5k words so far. I cheated by starting early, because I thought I was going to New York at the beginning of the month to visit family. Then Sandy struck and I canceled the trip. So, umm, anyway, about 5k words so far.

YOU SCOUNDREL!

Computers exploded this morning at work due to a data migration; I’ll be lucky to get out of here by 5. Prospects for hitting 1667 by day’s end are diminishing :(

For my first day I’m going to the local write-in at the Boston public library. We’ll see how that goes…

Hey, Miramon.

The group in Boston is EXTREMELY awesome. They’ve been growing for several years now at a phenomenal pace and the central crew has a number of very unique traditions, but give them a good shot. The MLs, Travis and Anna, are two of the most genuine, helpful, and hilarious people I’ve ever had the incredible honor of knowing.

Tell 'em Randy send ya and say hey for me if you see either of them :)

1700 words done between this morning before work and lunch. I’m tempted to push on and build up a bit of a cushion but I also don’t want to burn myself out.

I’m in (on a whim) for the time being, but the fact that it’s shaping up to be a novelized chick-flick is really going to irritate me. On the bright side, I can always introduce a zombie apocalypse or re-work it as a Script Frenzy project and use that as an excuse to meet Sandra Bullock and/or Anne Hathaway. And yes, the last half of that sentence should be a pretty good indicator as to how terrible I am at writing convincing fiction.

Just did 900 words. I’ll try to do another 700 or so later.