Your favorite line of dialogue from a Star Wars movie

“The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.”

No one else ever delivers such an in your face badass line in the series, and because she’s standing there with the two most scary evil guys in the whole series.

You seem to have forgotten “You were the Chosen One!” Plus there was lava everywhere, which is pretty scary.

“I don’t have it with me.”

-Tom

Lot of Harrison Ford love up in here. Let’s see the Rock pull off something like, “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”

“Keep your eyes closed! Don’t look! Everything’s okay! Don’t peek!”

-Tom

“Who’s scruffy-looking?”

Seconded. Yes, my mindset never left junior high.

Also, I’ve gotten a huge amount of mileage in various gaming sessions out of both “I have a bad feeling about this” and “It’s a trap!”

“I have the death sentence in 12 systems.”

“I’ll be careful.”

“I’ll kill you.”

-Tom

Tom, could you at least take the topic seriously? It goes:

“I have the death sentence in 12 systems.”

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

That’s not right at all.

He says, “You’ll be dead!” I didn’t even have to look it up. :p

— Alan

I just got a bunch of irritated looks in this coffeeshop when that made me burst into laughter.

“I feel terrible.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58chiIlMsM4

Not even close to my favorite line, but one I unfortunately say a lot:

During the Ewok song at the end of Return of the Jedi, it sounds like they say “Luke it’s up to you, yah cha” (no idea what they’re really saying, but always sounds like it to me)

Any time I’m playing co-op in a game and I die, I tend to say that to whoever I’m playing with “Shit… well, Tim it’s up to you, yah cha”. So dumb, but can’t stop myself.

“Spinning! That’s a good trick!”

I dunno, I quote it an awful lot in casual conversation.

But I loved the info dump in Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope with Grand Moff Tarkin on the Death Star.

Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.
Some Flunkie: That’s impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?
Tarkin: The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

Not counting the Empire’s ship design, costume design, willingness to torture princesses and blow up peaceful aunts and planets, this is all we really need to know of the Empire and the current political situation. It’s also why, from the Empire’s point of view, they were so keen on getting a second Death Star built ASAP. Some fans were upset that Return of the Jedi retreaded over familiar ground (or space) with the Death Star II: Bigger, Longer, and Without A Fatal Design Flaw, but what else could the Emperor do, return power to the bureaucracy? Palpatine would be as likely to open up peace and conciliation talks with the Rebellion. Anyway, I like that clunky dialog the best.

OMG, yes. That short speech gave such a great glimpse into the geo-political background of what was going on in the empire without bogging down into hours of senatorial argle-bargle. I’M LOOKING AT YOU PREQUELS.

What’s the line about the Ton Ton’s smelling bad on the outside? That’s my favorite line.

-Tom

Taun Taun!

I thought these things smelled bad…on the outside! - Han Solo

I’ll second that.

Jeez, where’s the R2 love?

I like, “Beep, beep tweet. Whistle”.

But, “Whistle beep whirl, tweet, tweet” was also great.