Your favorite line of dialogue from a Star Wars movie

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

I wonder if we need a similar thread for Monty Python?

Amonst my circle of friends, one of the seemingly endless cringe-worthy lines of stilted and improbable dialogue in the prequels has become a bit of a ritual whenever an argument/debate about pretty much anything comes along. After a few rounds of point, counterpoint, etc - it is inevitable that one of the party’s will pause, look thoughtful, and - regardless of what the topic of contention actually is - suddenly rebut with:

“From my point of view; the jedi are evil!”

At which point the ritual has been initiated, and it is the responsibility of the other party to shout out:

“Well, then you really are lost!”

Not surprisingly, that tends to end the discussion, but it also seems to solve alot of arguments. Opposing viewpoints and perspectives are suddenly seen objectively, grudging respect, etc. I have no explanation for this. We suspect that we might have stumbled upon the solution to all the world’s diplomatic woes, but the jury is still out on that one.

Shouldn’t the discussion only end when one party is on fire?

[quote=“Barry, post:105, topic:72816”]
We suspect that we might have stumbled upon the solution to all the world’s diplomatic woes, but the jury is still out on that one.[/quote]
Saudi: “Death to all Shia!”

Iranian: “Death to all Sunni!”

Barry: “The Star Wars Prequels were poorly written and paced!”

Saudi: “This is true.”

Iranian: “Inshallah. Perhaps there is common ground after all.”

Anakin Skywalker: Don’t be afraid.
Padmé Amidala: I’m not afraid to die. I’ve been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Anakin Skywalker: What are you talking about?
Padmé Amidala: I love you.
Anakin Skywalker: You love me? I thought that had decided not to fall in love–that we would be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Padmé Amidala: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I love truly, deeply love you, and before we die I want you to know.

Dialogue so

Anakin Skywalker: I don’t like sand.

If I had been Christian or Natalie, I would have developed bulimia through having to emote those lines.

Hayden!

Christian Haydenson!

Do teenagers you know in real life do better than this?

Compared to the shit I wrote to my girlfriends in high school, this is top stuff.

Technically this is mine, but I’ll go with:

“You can’t win, but there are alternatives to fighting”

“But Basketball is a peaceful planet!”

Obi-Wan: It’s over Anakin, I have the high ground.

Yoda: Good relations with the Wookiees, I have.