Your favourite movies of 2022

I admit, I mostly created this topic to get @tomchick and @KellyWand69 to post their Top Ten lists, but that is not to say that i am not interested in everyone’s elses.

I saw a precious few movies from last year, mainly due to not going to the cinema, but my list would comprise, in no particular order:
Everything Everywhere All At Once
The Batman
Hatching
Jackass Forever

Numbers one through three are a lock, but the rest might end up shuffled around.

1. RRR
  2. Everything Everywhere All At Once
  3. Babylon
  4. All Quiet on the Western Front
  5. Resurrection
  6. The Menu
  7. Mad God
  8. See How They Run
  9. Glass Onion
  10. Nope

Honorable mentions to: Three Thousand Years of Longing, Barbarian, Speak No Evil, and Emily the Criminal.

Dishonorable mentions to: Men, and Hellraiser

We already have a thread for this:

Well, we need somewhere to post the uninteresting lists.

looks like I only saw 6 films that were released in 2022, and most of them were mediocre. So I can do a top 3.

1. Nope
  2. Bullet Train
  3. Brian & Charles

At first I was straining to remember ten movies from this year, but when I consulted Letterboxd it turned out there were more than I thought (18, turns out). Big split between my top 5, which are great, and the bottom five, which were good.

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once (with a bullet!)
  2. Three Thousand Years of Longing
  3. The Banshees of Inisherin
  4. Moonage Daydream
  5. Thirteen Lives
  6. Glass Onion
  7. Turning Red
  8. The Lost City
  9. Kimi (that was 2022??)
  10. Apollo 10 1/2

Still need to see Tar and After Sun and Women Talking. Oh, and wanna catch Confess, Fletch, too.

Oops, sorry Apollo 10 1/2 (you were just okay, anyway), but Catherine, Called Birdy has leaped up to… let’s call it number 6? A great family movie for families with older kids (old enough to deal with scenes of childbirth and talk of getting one’s period, that sort of thing).