Your game of E3?

Rockstar doesn’t need E3 to sell RDR2.

Well, it seems that GTA5 was at E3 2014?

But yeah, I’m sure they’ll sell enough without the added media attention.

There is no “sell enough”. They aren’t a charity, ideally every human in the world would own their own copy and buy DLC for it to boot. Possibly pets, too.

This is pretty cool.

Yea there is always a scribblenauts or guitar hero that gets discovered in e3 and goes viral. Those are the most interesting parts of e3, but they are rarer and rarer.

I would have to say Rage 2 at this point. It looked so great.

The guy that wrote the “they only let me describe the game not take footage of it” about Cyberpunk 2077 linked earlier sounded really intriguing. A lot of hyperbole there. That’s the only one that got me hyped.

I’m going to use up this thread not to point out to a single game, but to comment how overall, it has been a good E3. I don’t remember clearly but I could swear the last two E3 were pretty boring to me. In this one I have all these games that I think are interesting:

EA conf:
-BF5
-Sea of Solitude (great art style)

MS conf:
-Forza Horizon 4 (one of the surprises of the generation for me was playing FH3, it turned in my favorite racing game ever)
-Metro Exodus (Half Life + Stalker child!)
-We Happy Few (the trailer was very good, the mix of drama and pure boldness)
-Dying Light 2 (DL1 was great, and Avellone will help in the only weak part, the writing)
-Cyberpunk 2077 (doh)
-Some indie from their indie reel: Outer Wilds, Afterparty, Below, Children of Morta, Planet Alpha, Ashen

Bethesda:
-Rage 2 (I’m less convinced on this one as I don’t like Avalanche, but I hold hope. At least it seems the gunplay in first person will be better than their mediocre combat in third person)
-Doom Eternal (just a teaser, but I saw a pider, Pain Elemental and Archvile in the teaser!)

PC Gamer:
-Satisfactory (it looks nuts!)
-The Forgotton City (I heard the original mod won a prestigious writing award?)
-Noita (I always dig this kind of 2d physics based destruction that affect gameplay)
-Hitman 2 (being honest, it seems a very safe sequel, but when the original game was so good…)
-Stardock - Star Control Origins (I never played the original game, and this is looking pretty nice)
-The Sinking City (super solid looking action/adventure faithful to Lovecraft)
-Man Eater (well, doh)
-Sable (another indie with a very cool art style)
-Two Point Hospital (looking great and very funny)
-Anno 1800 (another solid bet imo)

edit: Ops I forgot my friend Pedro!

I didn’t get most of what I was hoping for (a big new strategy game I didn’t know was coming, or actually even any strategy games? Also, almost no release dates for stuff I was hoping to get release dates for…) but I still saw a few things that will be fun, and some closer looks at stuff I already knew I wanted day 1 (like Last of Us and Spider-man). I had thought post-E3 I’d be adding several new games of 2018 I wanted to get, but instead I don’t think anything got added to that list (2019 should be interesting, though).

I just caught the trailer for this, I like the look of it. Plus I’m a big fan of Frogware’s stuff.

Whatever happened to that Ubisoft bear-riding simulator “Wild” or whatever it was called like 2 e3-s ago?

Ah, like 4 years ago. Jeeze.

Did anyone else catch Concrete Genie? Looks charming and really innovative when it comes to 3D/2D animation combined.

That being said, Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing.

Yeah, they showed it last year too, looks really nice. Still don’t think there’s a release date though.

Waypoint asked the same question back in April:

Sony did not respond to my request for comment, but after emailing a bunch of developers at Wild Sheep Studio, one of them did get back to me with, well, something.

“Thank you for your interest,” said gameplay programmer Leonard Allain-Launay. “Wild Sheep Studio is still early stage and we’re not issuing press statements for now.”

Allain-Launay declined to elaborate further, but pointed me towards the game’s most recent press, where WiLD producer Mitsuo Hirakawa spoke with the French publication Jeux Video. I’ve translated Hirakawa’s answers using Google Translate, so please excuse some of the grammatical awkwardness.

“This team has a lot of energy, creativity,” he told Jeux Video. “It’s something I’ve learned over the years, identifying teams that have creative ambitions. This team is in the right direction, and we want to help them create a good PlayStation exclusivity. So we are not going to jostle them if they do not want to compromise on a subject. We wait patiently.

My game of E3 has been OnRush. You guys should play it.

I remember being really excited when they showed this, years ago, too.

Metro Exodus for me. Really enjoyed the last two Metro games, but this one looks like it takes the series in the correct (STALKER) direction.

Also Resident Evil 2. I was not expecting the remake to be as good looking as that was. I really loved RE2 back in the day so I’m looking forward to revisiting it in the remake. Needs VR like 7 though!

Ghosts of Tsushima looked gorgeous, it’s about damn time Sucker Punch got away from Infamous. Please give me Japanese audio with subtitles though.

I’m definitely most exicted by The Last of Us 2, although this wont be a game I can play when my kids are in the room…

BTW: do we have a thread about this game yet? Can’t find it with the search function…

I found it by putting the title in quotes AND restricting the search to only the Games subcategory. Luckily Scott titled the thread with the name of the game in it, so that worked.

Ah, oke. Thanks!!!