Your next car game is Wreckfest

Bugbear Entertainment’s early access demolition derby racing game now has a real name. Since its debut last year, gamers have been committing vehicular mayhem within the mud-strewn arenas of the generically charming “Next Car Game”, but over the weekend the it’s been redubbed as Wreckfest. Along with the shiny new name, Wreckfest gains 18-slot multiplayer, a new oval track in which to hammer opponents, and a European coupe that packs a lot of power in its miniature chassis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2014/10/06/next-car-game-wreckfest

What's for wreckfest? I want some crash browns and sedancakes.

Cap'n Crunch?

Correction:
"over the weekend the [sic] it’s been redubbed as Wreckfest"

OMG you guys!!!

I need figure-8 jump races, school bus races, and an announcer that calls me “The Hammer”.

@TomChick

Hey wait a minute, where’s this guy been? He won the internet like three years ago and nobody told me!

I checked out the state of early access (I hadn’t looked in a year) and this is looking very, VERY good at the moment. Tons of progress. I’m quite optimistic now.

Oh realllllly? Very good to hear. I’ll have to revisit my own self.

Guys, it’s coming out of early access this month!

This is a very fun game and considering it’s mostly about hitting other cars and giant piles of tyres the actual racing is surprisingly good.

Every racing game isn’t about this? Wow, I’ve been doing things wrong…

This 70’s toy is the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this game. Now I can’t get this tune out of my head lol.

Shocked to see this out of Early Access , it feels like its been forever.

It HAS been forever. Good in THQ Nordic for helping bring it across the finish line.

And its out!

Yay, time to reinstall!

I was a huge fan of this studio’s game Rally Trophy back in the day. Hope this one is well received.

I really like this. For a game that’s nominally about smashing other cars to bits there’s a surprisingly good racing game under the hood.

With Steam Workshop support you can even download some oval racetracks and take out classic stock cars for a race with AI that doesn’t try to hit you at all.

The game is not called Fest!

-Tom