Your next car game is Wreckfest

That counts as an overtake!

That twist is a real killer. I try to always hit the left side of that section and them jump over the part where I roll in that video and land on the right. If you let off the gas pedal for a second you land on the track not in the fencing, but I have a dumb right foot so it doesn’t always work for me.

Later on at Hellmouth I got… harvested.

I promise to not do this in our league race, @Octavious230

Ok, “promise” might be a bit strong…

LOL…Just like my commute to work. I really need to get some practice in this week. I’m pretty comfortable with the track but I haven’t tried running a full race.

I’ve had this on my wishlist forever, but I remember the Most Recent reviews were not favorable (something about they are “arcaded” the game down).

Dude, you can race couches… in destruction mode. Just go get it already and commence the hysterical laughter.

Note: It does have some sliders to make it more arcadey vs sim for braking, shifting, control, traction, etc. I play in the middle/towards the sim side on them. I am not a “great” racing game driver and lean more towards arcadey ones. It does seem a bit easier than it used to be with these settings but I’ve had it for years and it has made a ton of changes. Mostly for the better imo.

Given its subject matter, I think its the right mix between sim and arcade. It basically sets right in the middle.

In addition to the couches, you get to drive and wreck all these big 70-80s American full size cars, station wagons, even vans. .

You folks doing those every week? Watched my son playing this earlier and thinking of grabbing a copy

This game desperately needs the announcer from TD:EOD

And here comes THE HAMMER!

MIIIISSSSTTTEEER FIST!

Spent a few hours with this last night and it was hard to put down. Rare for a game to be so frustrating and fun at the same time.

Yeah, there’s some shit in there. Nothing like having a nice race, and then some f-wit doing a pit maneuver on you in just the right spot on the track to cause you to drop to last place.

We did it the last two weeks. Right now I don’t think there’s anything this weekend as it’s the first league race on Sunday for race room.

Cool, thanks. Right now I’m just trying to figure out what the heck I’m doing. I have warned enough points in the initial championship to move on, but plenty left I could do there.

Anybody have input on anything in particular to grab from the season shop before the season ends?

Also, any of the DLC packs have notable FWD cars worth picking up (since there seem to be very few in the base roster). Guessing there aren’t any AWD, but would be happy to hear about those too.

The other question is how worthwhile is it to buy upgrades for these early cars?

Items in the season shop don’t age out. They stay there until you buy them.

As for upgrades, that’s really down to how much you play multiplayer. Upgrading a D rated car so it’s right on the edge of the performance points for the class is good if you want to win any races. Similarly, buying a C rated car and strapping enough armour to it that it degrades to a D rating means you now have a quick car that’s also strong and rated D. etc.

I have some A rating cars deliberately downgraded to B as that seems to be a very popular online class for races.

I find that sort of thing fun to do with the cars in single player mode too, but the AI will mostly cluster around the car you have, even if it’s not upgraded.

What control system do you use? I’ve got an Xbox controller but, frankly, I’ve always played driving games poorly with a joystick.

I use an XBox controller. The game works well with a wheel, but I can’t be bothered to get that in place for Wreckfest, when the controller works just fine for me.

Speaking of season rewards… Imagine a small child touching the glass of a store window, looking in at the bike he’s saving for.

So close, but I guess I’ll have to wait for tomorrow. A Gold and Silver in tomorrow’s tournaments will net 5,000 fame to put me over the top.

I wish it supported VR. It doesn’t support VR, does it?

I love it already. I feel like I’m driving somebody’s migraine.