Your privacy concerns with Kinect were not foolish

I’m not sure if I was clear I wasn’t in America. I think a friend of mine who works in his father’s construction company told, but, regardless, I found a link, since the legislation seems too much to read at the moment. Either way, having asked two lawyers in the immediate family about a similar thing, it would be pointless, as you can’t present random non-consensual recordings in court.
I’m not sure how much it applies in the whole EU, pre or post GDPR, but I would be surprised if it was very different.

OH! Duh. then, yes, although it’s tricky because entryways tend to be small, some even open directly to the street. But I’m lucky in that regard, the move was fairly recent and I wasn’t even thinking of this house.

This stuff will make it’s way to the courts and things and get better settled. The TechCrunch article is specifying their doorbell product, and most doorbells are going to be publicly accessible and view-able because… well doorbell.

The drone stuff has come up a few times due to them being shot down and their ability to view from the air which is not really owned.

What happens if someone hooks a camera in a tree and just points it at their neighbor’s pool… well… who the heck knows.

I’m just mostly saying that if you can stand on the sidewalk or in the street and basically get almost the same shots, it’s generally a public space. All of this is from USA POV. It seems like other similarly developed countries have a heck of a lot more privacy laws and considerations than we do.

The US has privacy laws, they just usually only cover areas you expect to have privacy. Your home, the bathroom, locker rooms, changing rooms, etc.

You can’t reasonably expect privacy when you’re in public view.

Well… sort of.

1998 case, not 1950.

This stuff can get really, really specific.