Your top 10 digital Pinball tables (Pinball FX2 & Pinball Arcade)

[quote=“wumpus, post:10, topic:76258, full:true”]Another trend I noticed: a lot of the earliest Zen tables aren’t great (with the exception of Sorcerer’s Lair), and probably should be avoided in favor of their later tables. This makes sense, as they’ve been building this damn game for 5 years now, and probably got better at making the tables as they went.
[/quote]
Depends on what you mean by “earliest”. If you mean OG Pinball FX/Zen Pinball, then, oh yeah, probably a good call (though I still think Tesla and Paranormal are cool tables and Excalibur is decent). But if you mean “anything that predates Sorcerer’s Lair”, which actually isn’t that early, then I think you’re missing a couple of strong tables. Secrets of the Deep still holds up pretty well, I’d say, and, to a lesser degree, so does Pasha. Earth Defense Force is also a good time.

In fact, I’m confused about all the love for Sorcerer’s Lair. It’s a cool enough starter table, but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top of the list.

I can’t offer too much feedback on the late period Marvel tables and Star Wars and the like. I’ve played bits and pieces of them, but they really started to lose me after Moon Knight and Fantastic Four, which I think are two of the strongest offerings. All the newer tables seemed to start being more streamlined and simplified for my taste. Maybe I need to go back and give them another chance.

I’ll still stand by my list from two years ago, though. Good times to be had by all.

10/10, would troll again!

I’ve picked up quite a number of tables for Pinball Fx over the years, and thinking about my favourite tables I’ve played, it really only ever boils down to Mars and Paranormal. I’m looking forward to giving the Bethesda tables a run later on, but I won’t be buying those until I buy something else from Steam (currency conversion fees suck). Mars overall I liked because of how intuitive it was right from the start to pick up and know what needed to be done. Either that, or I just really suck at Pinball. But it is definitely a table where it is cool to just sit back and relax with. Paranormal I spent a lot of time learning thanks to the setting, and I appreciated how straight forward it was to earn extra balls. It isn’t the most difficult to tables to play, but it does reward skill and provides some great feedback as a result. For instance, snapping the photos of Nessie always felt satisfying when slapping the ball through the lower ramp.

Ugh, all this Pinball talk is going to make me fire up Pinball FX2 again, thanks everyone! See you on the leaderboards!

I haven’t bought the new Bethesda tables yet but I’m just happy to see they aren’t marvel or star wars. Definitely getting burned out on those tables so I hope we are done with those licenses for a while and can move onto some new stuff,

I can agree Paranormal is decent, but ugh, Mars? Super generic. Combining the top lists from previous posts into tables that appeared on at least two of the top lists:

1. World War Hulk
  2. Avengers
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. Empire Strikes Back
  5. Dr. Strange
  6. Epic Quest
  7. Sorcerer’s Lair