Your top 15 Sci-fi movies of all time

No, I can’t think of one thing I enjoyed about 3, it’s universally hated by both fans and critics while some people hate the second film (but quite a few liked it). Even if it ends in a cliffhanger, the second one is still worth watching and you can just read about the conclusion of the plot on Wikipedia.

I liked the 3rd one: the battle against the sentinels, the final showdown fight between Smiths and Neo. I even think the plot is nicely wrapped up. It wasn’t as good as the first film, but it was as good as the second.

I thought the third movie was decent. Spoilers follow.

Here’s my issues with the 2nd movie:

• Fight between Neo and Agent Smith is boring, without any stakes, and just goes on forever
  • Vampires?
  • The architect scene is trying so hard to be cool, but is so cheesy
  • Neo being able to disable machines with his thoughts in the real world. Bleh.

On the other hand, the 2nd movie does have the fabulous highway scene, which is excellent, and better than any of the action sequences in the 3rd movie.

Things I liked about the 3rd movie:

• It doesn’t try to provide a horrible “matrix within a matrix” explanation for Neo’s new ability in the last movie, it just lets it go
  • The scenes with the architect in the 3rd movie aren’t trying so hard, and are better
  • Smith gaining the power of the Oracle upped the stakes nicely, making the end exciting

On the other hand the 3rd movie had more Vampires, more of Zion, and no action scenes that were as good as the highway scene in the 2nd one. So I can’t really sing its praises either. The first movie and The Animatrix are still my favorite parts of the franchise.

I liked all the Matrix movies, though not equally of course. But I thought the second movie had cool moments and showed Neo gaining an understanding of the world around him. And I appreciated the third movie for presenting the sacrifice required by Neo and his friends to accomplish their goal.

I could have lived without the all-out battle in the third film. Those kind of things always seem like they exist to show off their CGI and/or extras budget and assault your senses.

• K-Pax
  • Attack of the bodysnachers
  • Demolition Man
  • One of the star wars of star trek movies, can’t tell what one. Maybe Return of the Jedi.
  • Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

What was your question, again? I have short memory

I don’t know whether I should be insulted at the lack of care put into this trolling attempt or concerned that you might not be getting enough sleep.

Actually Ferris Bueller kind of makes more sense if you think of Ferris as a benevolent extraterrestrial sent down to help Cameron become a man…

If this is what 1 day off looks like, what 365 days off would look like? we live our lives, or we live a life made for us, but that is foreign to our interest.

why we can’t decide one day to be a alien, and live this alien life? do we really have free will?, are we living trough the motions?, what the real us want to do, what we really love and we are not giving love because others don’t love it?

Both K-Pax an Ferris Bueller are real good material.

Wow. How did Alec Baldwin somehow morph into that?

That’s Daniel Baldwin.

I though it was James Baldwin!

You’re thinking of Stanley Baldwin.

Or Henry Morton Stanley.

No, you are thinking of Lord Stanley of Preston and his Cup.

No that was Robert Preston, not Stanley Tucci. Easy to confuse the two.

You’re right! Lord Robert Preston’s Cup! I think they get that for Curling up in Canuckia? Beauty, eh, @marquac?

trouble… trouble… trouble… trouble…

Tom, Patrick’s doing it again!!!