Your Top Six “Western Films”?

I knew I was going to forget one…but yeah, Tom Horn is pretty good. Still a distant second to Long Riders, though.

And how many movies have there been about Billy the Kid?

But…you were rant…talking…about Tombstone? Yes?

A whole lot. Literally dozens.

Hell there so one form the 60’s where Billy the Kid fights Dracula

Oh yeah, I go on and on about it every time it comes up. It is the definitive James saga film. Period.

And some of the tautest action sequences I have ever seen on Film.

The only reason we’re talking about a movie is because of the actors in it… well… ummm yeah… I mean the actors are important to a lot of movies.

Also, Tombstone is incredibly awesome. I think I will see if any of my streaming services have it… right now.

Yeah can you imagine if they’d cast Kevin Kline and Kevin Costner!?

Oh…yeah…right

Tombstone is an average film with some memorable lines.

I’m your boysenberry.

That is a valid opinion. I disagree with it. But it is rational. You did not say, “Silverado is better than Tombstone”, however. Because that would be evidence of a disturbed mind.

Not just the lines.

The jury has been in on that for years.

I haven’t seen Silverado in at least a decade… but even with my highly suspect memory it is at worst a tie between the two, with the tie breaker going to Silverado’s superior soundtrack.

@cannedwombat would not win a spelling contest.

When I started this thread, I resolved that I would refrain from posting Tombstone gifs. Because I would then descend into doing just that for the next 5 days, probably joined by scores of others (probably joined by Gary Busey-Dive up there and his buddy, Crazedwombat). Madness lies that way.

Doing so, however, brings me great pleasure in life, everywhere I go. So I want you to know I am really resisting that urge right now upon seeing that cup.

I can assure everyone there was no collusion nor temptation intended with my cup picture. It is there to serve the sole purpose of proving that even a single cup, that’s right ladies and gentlemen, a single cup can shine light on the greatness that is Tombstone.

And you’re a Daisy if you do!

Indeed. The cup out-acted Kurt Russell.

uh oh… what have I done?

Silverado > Tombstone.

That is all.

First Poll created.