Youth killed by helicopter...headphones blamed

Do they even know if he had his headphones on, or are they just guessing?

Totally a guess. They he was known for often wearing them. They do not know that he was wearing them at the time, as I read it.

While I wouldn’t support a ban, raising debate on this issue is worthwhile. If you can’t hear a crashing helicopter (assuming that’s the case here), then you’re not going to hear a car horn warning you of impact, a fire alarm, the sound of an explosion, the voice of a policeman saying “stop or I’ll shoot” or any number of things that can prevent a person falling into danger. When someone puts their music up so loud they basically become deaf, they become more vulnerable than a deaf person, because a deaf person actually spent their life like that and are atuned to visual cues that the iPod user isn’t.

While I wouldn’t support a ban, I do fucking hate it when people play their music so loud that I have to listen to it when stuck next to them on the underground or plane. If you are going to make yourself deaf, at least get a pair of non-leaky headphones.

They say that you never hear the helicopter that kills you…

While I wouldn’t support a ban, I do fucking hate it when people play their music so loud that I have to listen to it when stuck next to them on the underground or plane. If you are going to make yourself deaf, at least get a pair of non-leaky headphones.

As do we all.

It’d be nice if iPod/Zune/Zen got themselves a decent pair of IEMs or closed headphones. There’s nothing worse than having to stand next to someone in a crowded train blaring Britney Spears for 25 minutes.

This has to be two steps above D&D lawyering. Really, did the perception penalty from wearing headphones mean that he failed his Falling Helicopter saving throw? Perhaps there’ll be a story about how someone sues their dentist because their fillings led them to get struck by lightning.

P.S. Maybe they could go right to the source and sue the manufacturers of M&Ms for causing the cavities in the first place.

Those fuckers running jackhammers and getting nailed by helicopters falling from the sky. What will we do about them?

Heh, this happened to a buddy of mine and myself one night.
It was shortly after I’d gotten a CD player installed in the pickup I was driving at the time and we were going somewhere, listening to a Lita Ford CD I think it was.
At one point in one of the songs there are police sirens, my friend hears these and starts looking around “What’d you do?” “Wtf is going on?”,
I started laughing and said, “That was on the CD”, we both started laughing after this.

But yeah, no shit, didn’t hear a fucking helicopter above you?
I know those newer Blackhawks are pretty quiet compared to the old Hueys, but still they aren’t as silent as an electric car.

Maybe a Comanche crashed on him. Can’t hear those.

It cannot compete with the “Helicockter”.

This is so fucken dumb. I’m certain this type of thing happens very frequently but because it was a helicopter, it was sensationalized, and to drag on the story like most newspaper articles do, they ask some twat their moronic opinion. The media is stupid too and we are as well, for listening to it.

LOL penis helicopter/helicockter