Youtube weirdness

Anyone have any idea what’s going on here? Since this morning, every time I go to the Youtube homepage on Chrome on my desktop, I’m confronted with something like this. Direct links to other bits of Youtube work fine, and so does Chrome on my laptop. All relevant extensions are disabled (and are active on my laptop anyway). I’ve cleared cookies and cache to no avail.

That happened to me the other night when making my way to a Tom stream, I fixed it by loading a video then resetting the video size to miniplayer, **then the home screen in the background went back normal, ** then I reset the video to default view, and then closed the video. The homescreen was normal again.

I hope that made sense. D:

Sadly that does not work for me.

It’s very odd. If I pull out the hamburger menu, all the sub options work fine, except for Home, which doesn’t produce the above result, but kind of stalls out having only loaded Recommended.

I have had YouTube weirdness the past few months (I’m also using Chrome), but not like yours. Mine was that certain videos (apparently chosen at random) would show nothing but either a black frame or colored static while the audio played normally. It was maddening. I tried various fixes, but nothing worked.

Then suddenly, a few days later, everything was fine again.

That happened to me a while back. Disabling my ad blocker fixed it.

Edit: meant as a response to Giles.

I’ll keep that in mind, but things started magically working fine again in a few days without having to do anything. I’m using Ublock Origin, and never disabled it, and still have it enabled, and YouTube is working again now, so I’m thinking that in my case anyway, it was YouTube doing something on their end that caused my problem.

Thanks though. If it ever happens again, I’ll give your suggestion a try to see if it helps.

Seems to have fixed itself now.