Z Nation - Syfy and The Asylum take on Walking Dead

Just started watching this on Netflix. Man this is really bad, but strangely entertaining in a way.

I think it’s odd how they never showed how the immune guy got out of the lab. I mean last we saw he was getting eaten by zombies, then it’s 1 year later and we see that he somehow made it out alive. Also why is it sometimes they make the zombies move really slow like Walking dead zombies, then in other scenes they can run full speed.

Just wait until they get to a farm …

So I finished season 1 of this and I gotta say it has become my guilty pleasure. I feel kind of dirty watching it and think to myself, “why are you watching this when there are so many other high quality shows you could be watching”. However as soon as the episode ends I start up the next because I got to see what kind of crazy stuff is going to happen in the next one.

I don’t think I’ve gotten to the farm that you refereed to above, but if it stood out to you among everything else that has already happened than I can’t wait.

As long as you get the joke that Z Nation is not serious, it is pretty fun.

In season 2, the second episode contains a scene with Doc that has to be the most brilliant writing I have seen in a long time.

Awesome because I’m about to start episode 2. Doc is probably my favorite character in the show followed closely by Murphy. I hated Murphy’s character for the first handful of episodes but they have really turned it around and made it enjoyable.

Well, you might not find it nearly as enjoyable as I did, but check the spoiler after you see it:

don’t open until watched S2 ep #2

When it is Doc’s turn to see the light, you really think he is going to die…and so does he. The way the character talks about finding ‘a thing’ during the OOBE is just too funny.

Yeah I thought that was awesome.

As soon as you stop trying to take this show seriously and just enjoy the ride, it becomes really fun.

I’ll be honest, at this point, if I had to choose between watching a new episode of The Walking Dead, or a new episode of Z Nation, I’m probably picking Z Nation.

Ok, so IMHO Seaon 3 kinda sucked (though “The Man” was a highlight), and obviously the fact that this is a thread necro of sorts proves that out.

But I would highly recommend watching season 4 for those that liked the series. The writing has definitely changed again, but for the better it would seem. I have seen the 5 episodes thus far, and #'s 4 and 5 were pretty good.

Its on Sling/SYFY.

I was also dissapointed with season 3. I haven’t watched season 4 yet so I’m glad to hear things get better again.

the first episode or two looks like they are going to pick up where three left off, but it does get much better. At least watch through 5, which I found fascinating.