Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

I, for one, will feel this thread has been cheated by not containing the 58 additional build announcements.

Bought the game today - awesome as all Soldak games are!

I stumbled upon a bug though - I had a warrior clan with a leader called Mildor(?) that would message me constantly. Such that when I clicked on the hand I would sometimes have to literally click through 100 messages by her - they repeated a lot also.

First town ended in getting invaded by like 4 clans at once… Game is hard, which I like.

My experience so far is that the difficulty level varies dramatically based on what class you choose. I’m totally stalled with my wizard, but my priest doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. I’d even go so far as to say the classes aren’t very well balanced. Not that balance is that important to me in a game like this. I’m happy to think of the classes as part of the difficulty setting.

-Tom

Other Soldak games are like this. At least Din’s Curse and Depths of Peril were. Playing as a Rogue in Din’s Curse was pretty much “easy mode”. :)

I agree with you @tomchick about the difficulty - having the class set it I think allows more variety in the game - but I never got smoked like this in Din’s curse and I felt very under pressure at all times here, which didn’t happen to me as much in Din’s curse that I remember. Maybe I just have a bad memory. :)

I’m playing a Ranger, which power wise feels OK. I have an ability that let’s me find more food (I kept starving).

I think some of my issue was I was just letting any old @tomchick, @DireAussie and @Harkonis into my clan and not paying enough attention to how they would actually integrate with the other folk. I ended up kicking out a few of the miscreants which may have been too little too late.

One quick warning for those who might find the pace overwhelming. If you’re tempted to crank down the activity level, just beware that you might find yourself in a situation where there’s really nothing going on and you’re just kicking around wondering if maybe you should just play Diablo instead.

Not that I’m saying that’s ever happened to me. But suffice to say, I don’t intend to play on slow anymore.

I do sometimes wish I could name my clan members. Or at least provide a file with character names it would draw from.

-Tom

Tom’s stream introduced me to a concept I had never considered of in any of the Soldak games: the ‘P’ key and its power to pause the game, while checking info and stuff.
The stream has been an eye-opener to new ways to consider the games - I was a bit of a dabbler, like someone else in the chat there -, but that introduction to the pause as been a revolution to me. I used to feel under pressure pretty much all the time in my previous Soldak experiences, not having any proper time to consider options and numbers: not anymore! Suck it, carpal tunnel syndrome!
Anyway, Din’s Curse+Depths of Peril is just awesome. Too bad the name ‘Zombasite’ didn’t hint at all at what it really was!

I’m fine with that approach as well but if that is the intent I would like the classes labeled as such, even if it’s something as simple as easy/normal/hard.

I played around with this just a little on Saturday and it really reinforced my wish that Soldak would do a more management oriented game sometime in the future. I love the clan management, the dynamic setting, and being pressed for time, but find the ARPG part to be the weakest link. I find it almost a distraction from the parts of the game that I find most intriguing.

I thought I read in this thread that you were supplying steam keys. If true, how do I go about getting one? To lazy to hunt for it and I’m very busy at the moment. I actually thought I would have more time to play games once I retired, but I seem to have less time. :)

I sitll love this game, and it’s truly amazing fun coop as well.

Is the kind of coop experience where you kind of need to stick together or does it allow you to split up and meet again later?

You can split up, but it feels like you are probably better off sticking together. We split up several times, sometimes by accident ;)

Interesting. Thank you!

Not sure how to quote things with the new forums.

@Alstein What kind of game would you like us to do next?

@KiloOhm I probably already answered this in another thread, but it sounds like you have an old version and need to apply the latest patch.

@Demorve If you bought the game from us, send me an email from the email account you bought the game with and I can get you a Steam key. My email address on our contact page.

I’m not Alstein, but I mentioned a little upthread that I would love to see you do a full on clan management style game. Zombasite meets Rim World or something along those lines. The dynamic world aspect is my favorite part of your games!

Steven, just want to thank you publicly for your response to my request. I have sent an email to you requesting the steam key.

I like that idea myself.

I’d like to see your take on an adventurer management game ala Majesty. With the way you do the dynamic stuff and your clan members now I think you could definitely incorporate some of that into it.

I’d really appreciate it if someone would take five minutes to give me a good explanation of how multiplayer works in this game, including how many you can play.

After a long Early Access/beta, we have finally released Zombasite!

Zombasite can be purchased (25% off the first week) from Soldak, Steam, Humble Store, and GamersGate.