Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

I posted 5 screenshots of our upcoming Orc Schism expansion yesterday over on the Zombasite screenshot page.

Version 1.016 is out: patches and changes. This patch makes a few quality of life changes and fixes a bunch of minor issues in preparation for the Orc Schism expansion.

Played some of this coop with my wife on Saturday. Had a good time but easy to get overwhelmed. There’s s lot more moving parts than in Din’s Curse.

What’s the deal with vendors? Doesn’t seem to be any in town. Ran across 1 or 2 out in the wilds but often a long trek from home through dangerous areas. The inability to sell/buy easily makes inventory management a bit fiddly and frustrating. Is there something here we are missing?

Just picked this up during the sale. I have to say this game is very hard fiddly trying to manage NPC happiness. It seems like unless I set them to rest and relaxation permanently they keep getting unhappy quickly. I probably need to look up some of the mechanics.

Vendors are pretty rare. Usually you are going to want to salvage your unwanted items at your crafting table. The crafting items you get from salvaging is usually more useful than money is in this particular game.

I bought it this weekend and enjoying my time with it so far.
Got around lvl 9 and getting my face bashed in real bad… I think I spread my skill point around too much, and I can’t re-spec because I don’t have enough money. I think I’ll just start a new character.

Also, I tried to installed it at work to play during lunch, but my game wasn’t available. Do this game support steam cloud saving? If not, is there a way to transfer my save game to my work-pc and back?

We don’t currently have Steam cloud saving. Right now you would have to manually move the save games back and forth. If you are on a recent windows OS, the saves are in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Zombasite\User\chars (AppData is probably a hidden directory).

Ah. That makes sense, thanks Steven. Haven’t messed with the crafting nearly enough. We’ll dive in again next weekend.

Zombasite: Orc Schism is now available! It’s 10% off for the first week. What are you waiting for? Go buy it now: direct from Soldak, Steam, or GOG!

Also, if you don’t have the base game yet, Zombasite is currently 50% off!

Zombasite: Orc Schism is the first expansion for the unique action RPG, Zombasite. Adds the Bard class, new clans, new areas (dungeons, caves, and ruins), better control over your recruits & town, new monsters (Dark Orcs, Mutated, & Zombie Lords), and much more.

Bought it as soon as I saw it, Steven. Time to dive back in!

How different is this than the previous fantasy games?

Just picked it up. Off to try out the Bard.

What the hell kinda question is that? Just buy it ya ingrate. ;)

One small art issue I noticed - the human walk cycle anim doesn’t loop properly, the right leg pops.

Second, on the Skill screen the colon is in the wrong place:

I love the idea of this game, I just can’t seem to Grok the gameplay and how it works within.

I’ve read the manual, but interaction between NPC’s is still a mystery. I’ll be playing and suddenly two NPCs will declare they hate each other and begin fighting.

Also, I’ve never been able to send NPCs on ‘missions’ They never seem to have enough happiness to do anything other than mill about town or join my party.

Any suggestions? I want to love this game like previous titles, but they layers of game-play just confound me still.

I have the same problem. No matter how much food or money I throw at them, my followers generally become unhappy and start making trouble. I appreciate the game mechanic, but holy crap, it’s the zombie apocalypse. Put your big-boy pants on. I get a little tired of baby-sitting to keep the kids from killing each other.

row33: Compared to Din’s curse: Zombie mechanics, 24 new zombie monsters, death knight class, new skill mechanics like traits (skills that greatly change things unlocked at higher level of attributes) & support skills (skills that modify other skills), better unique monsters (more tactics, taunting, better enhancements, etc), better graphics (normal/spec maps), new clan mechanics, many new quests, crafting mechanics, all NPCs in town are yours, and much more.

Some things that you can do to improve happiness: add NPCs to your clan that have entertainment skills, move NPCs to a house, give them money and extra food, don’t drag them outside the walls too often, change their focus to R&R, solve quests that affect them directly (curses, plagues, etc), and move them away from enemies or get rid of their enemies.

If you go to an NPCs equipment screen and highlight the happiness stat, it does give you some idea of what is making them happy or unhappy.

Is there something more detailed on how the systems work related to clans/quests/support skills etc?

I find I’m in information overload about 20 minutes into a new game. 30 new quests, 2-4 new clan members, incoming curses and zombie infections. it all piles on so quickly at the start.

Being a bit OCD, it’s hard to just let everything happen without being able to kinda control the logistics of your town.

Frankly, in a game about zombies, I’m not surprised that there is a misplaced colon.