Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

Incidentally, when I mention the minimap is useless for me, this is how it looks:

I assume it looks the same as that for everyone?

Yes, unfortunately the minimap and by extension the map is sort of useless. It’s a hodgegpodge mosaic of colored squares that don’t really convey any useful information. It needs to be made more abstract. The terrain doesn’t need to be represented by all those little colored squares. It also doesn’t easily identify structures and buildings so when i found the house of an enemy clan you can’t even tell where it is when looking on the map.

Other than that, love Drox and enjoying this.

Holy crap I got steamrolled by an enemy incursion before I figured out what was what. Love the old Depths of Peril feel. Again, that has always been my favorite. Now to find out why I am so terrible.

can always put it on slower pace until you figure stuff out.

Yeah, I did not really look at the settings and just dove in thinking I would know exactly what I was doing. I forget I am old and slow some times.

I have a bad disease, and the quest to cure it seems unsolvable. telling me to kill 3 scavengers and I’ve killed everything in the zone many times over and even though things respawn, none are scavengers. spent quite a bit of time so far on it since the penalty for the disease is -33% vitality or something

I have forgotten a few things.

Can you equip your clansmen? I don’t think you can.
Can you sell gear prior to getting a merchant?
When do those merchants show up?

I did reduce the pace down one from normal. Great fun this afternoon.

EDIT: OH, I think I missed the Clan Armory button in the Crafting station screen

It would be nice if Clan Armory button returned unusable items to my inventory instead of just dropping them on the ground.

Yep, you can also equip your clansmen directly by talking to them and examining their equipment.

Not found a single bag yet after a few hours, that is getting quite annoying.

I have two NPCs that never returned from their hunting party. I see them on the map, travel to retrieve them, but I cannot get them to join my party or return to twon. They follow me around, but as soon as I use a gate, they just hover around that gate and I have to go get them again. I guess I could lead them back to town, but it is like they are stuck being unavailable unless I how up where they are and lead them around.

did you send them out to hunt? if so just wait for the timer and they come back on their own

‘Someone in our clan has started a curse!’ and the only other person in the clan other than myself is Petrified and solid stone.

Never trust the petrified! They’re stoned all the time.

You can just pretend I plinked you with one of those phantom Qt3 likes, belouski.

Ahh, so not only are they not available for another hunting/foraging trek, but I also cannot recruit them for that cool-down period. I did not realize that. Thanks. That makes sense.

I am loving the game. TO me, it really just feels like DoP II with some Zombieness added along with some cool new game mechanics. And that is perfectly fine with me.

when you send them to hunt/forage, they actually go to the zone you chose and hunt/forage. You can go to said zone and see them, talk to them, even protect them. When the timer ends they go home and bring the goods.

In my case, the 10 minute timer for the actual trek had ended and I thought it was over, but the, I think, hour long cool down before you can hunt/forage again was still active. One of them had actually returned to the town, but two were stuck out in the wilderness.

in that case they should have been back home if the 10 minutes was over.

OK, that’s what I assumed. Waiting on my login info for Soldak as I will probably report it over there.

Having some serious lag issues trying to play with a friend, anyone point me to some troubleshooting? I’ve tried low bandwidth toggle for both of us, tried changing numbers up and down. It’s laggy whenever either of us move to the point of being unplayable.