Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

NPCs don’t announce when they are carriers.

We now have a demo out. You can get it on the Zombasite demo page or on Steam.

Still on patch level .0924?

Yes, I’m hoping to get 0.925 out tomorrow.

Version 0.925 is out: patches and changes. This patch makes zombie mutations stronger, fixes taunt spam, makes maps easier to use, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Version 0.926 is out: patches and changes. This patch adds no zombies, no clans, and low stress world options, makes happiness issues much easier to understand, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

“reduced amount of quests started by NPCs”

Yay! Less quest spam!

Version 0.927 is out: patches and changes. This patch adds monster battles, defaults to only showing quests from known locations, makes NPC personalities more important, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Not sure why, but this sounds amazing to me. Thanks Steven!

I’m hoping this makes quests less overwhelming. :)

Quest spam was one of the last real complaints I had.

Version 0.928 is out: patches and changes. This patch adds quest histories, trees now fade out when in way, fixes a major slowdown, gods now take a more active role, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

I know you get asked this incessantly, Steven, but where do you think Zombasite is in relation of the release version? Now that I worked my Grim Dawn cravings out of my system I’ve been itching to jump into Zombasite, but I want the release version to be my first impression!

Gooooooods? I like the sound of that.

Huh, I never had a problem with quest spam in Drox or Dins, was it a problem here? I admittedly haven’t played in a while as I wait for it to leave early access.

That’s a good question. We could probably ship in the next few weeks if we wanted to, but I’m just getting some of the marketing ramping up and I still have a lot of things I would still like to add or polish. So we are probably looking at another couple months.

The good gods reward you for the win conditions, several things can trigger the good and evil gods to send avatars to help or hinder you, and now the good gods can get pissed at the player for doing things they find undesirable and punish the player by denying their win condition. Only one can be denied per world though, so it can’t get too bad.

Version 0.929 is out: patches and changes. This patch makes player movement much smoother, optimizes things better, new clans can be started, improves renegades a lot, improves the help topics, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

I constantly come back and then agonize over starting over or trying to figure out where I was in my current games/equipment stash

Oh no, you went three places after the decimal point! If it had been version .92, that meant we were only eight updates away from a release. But by making it version .929, we’re 71 updates away from a release! What a terrible setback! :)

-Tom

When I’m on the screen to choose who to send out hunting, what are the symbols under the skills column for? the X, O, etc.

I believe it tells you at the top of the column if you highlight it.

Combat skill - X
Hunting skill - H
Foraging skill - G
Food skill - F
Crafting skill - C
Entertainment skill - E
Other skill - O