Zombi - ZombiU, but not on WiiU

This is one of the free games right now on Games with Gold, if you’re an Xbox Live Gold member.

As I said in the Xbox One thread, I was really surprised to find myself sucked in.

London is the perfect city to set a generic low budget zombie apocalypse game. In real life, it’s the most generic, boring major metropolis I’ve ever visited, which makes it perfect for a game like this, I think.

What really sucked me into this game is the fact that I’m dying so often, and that the death penalty seems so harsh at times. When you get on a roll with a particular character, and you collect all these items that can help you survive, and then you eventually die, you lose all those things that were still on you. Even if you find your old character’s zombie, you find almost nothing in their backpack. Not only that, that first run where you explore new areas? That’s the easiest run with the fewest zombies.

Pretty genius. There’s a huge incentive to use what you collect and stay alive, or next time you’ll lose what you had and it will be harder to get through the same areas.