Zombieland

Yeap, spot on.

Saw it today. I actually somehow avoid knowning that Bill Murray was in it. Pretty cool cameo. I thought the first part was funny but then the movie started to lose me. It just couldn’t decide if it should be funny or if it should be serious. At 84 minutes, it felt too long towards the end. Still enjoyed it.

I don’t remember but did were ever hear Tallahassee’s real name? Hmmmmm?

The genius of this film is that it’s a bonding / coming of age story that just happens to take place during a zombie apocalypse. Remove the zombies and it could be the latest Wes Anderson film. Hell, it even has Bill Murray in it.

the horror … the horror

Do not watch this movie high… awful.

… but what’s the word on reenactment?

Staff Sergeant is so wrong.

Oh. So. Wrong.

America’s answer to Shaun of the Dead and a great sequel to Adventureland.

This film is like an ice cream sandwich of awesome.

Completely agreed. I was high as balls going into it and loved it.

Same here. Now, granted, I have a long list of movies I won’t watch while high - I’m looking at you, David Lynch - but Zombieland is like the exact opposite. I’m curious as to Staff Sergeant’s reasoning.

Yeah, I can’t understand why you would be against this over-the-top Zombie murder-fest while being high? Intoxicated I could understand, there’s a lot of motion and gross-outs with zombies and whatnot.

I just got my dad to watch this today, and he loved it. It was neat to see the things he thought were hilarious, though. Besides loving the cameo, (and who doesn’t,) his favorite line was:

“Are you one of those guys who always has to one-up everyone else?”
“No, man, I know a guy who’s way worse with that than I am.”

It had always been a reasonably funny bit for me, but my dad was dying at that part.

I love that is finally ok to admit we smoke pot again. I feel like it has been since 1985 that it was taboo.

And Staff is wrong.But SotD is even funnier stoned.

Hey, does anyone here smoke pot? You guys are the coolest!

Way to harsh my mellow, Warren.

Why you gotta be like that, maaaaaaaan?

really though, it explains a lot about previous posts by some people ;)

Arise! Like the undead!

Fuckin’ Telefrog, beat me to it! So I’m gonna go with AW HELL YEAH.

Laughing at myself for not knowing who Deadpool was in this thread. How much the world has changed since 2009. I know all kinds of comic book stuff now in 2018 that I had no idea about in 2009.