Zombieland

I’d second that. I think the opening credits of Zombieland are some of the best I have ever seen. It is a weird thing to say to anyone that I enjoyed the part of the movie where they flashed names across the screen at me, but we are all weird people here, so I am telling you.

Sometimes opening credits can be very nice. I think the only thing I really enjoyed about Wolverine was the credit’s walk through a history of wars. The Zombieland credits reminded me a lot of a few of the montage scenes from Watchmen, which I also enjoyed a lot.

Yeah Watchmen popped into my head too.

Since we’re on it, the opening credit sequence for the remake of Dawn of the Dead was pretty good. I can’t hear When The Man Comes Around without thinking of a zombie apocalypse.

This was better than inglorious basterds.

I finally got to see this Wednesday night as I had a free movie pass burning a hole in my pocket.

I really enjoyed the movie and I did find it overall quite funny and enjoyable. Though from the random office gossip I heard, I expected it to make me laugh more than it did. I’d still see it again though, and thought Woody Harrelson was completely awesome in his role.

I’m not sure how it didn’t start pissing me off when the different “rules” were popping up during the film, but they were somehow amusing. Kudos there.

I loved the movie so much I have a new wallpaper!

1600x1200 version if you click. Yay for Google images!

For those who would like more Rules, I just came across this earlier today. Jenga!

Man, I just got back from this one and I absolutely loved Zombieland. I don’t mind one bit that the zombie movie has been mainstreamed – I actually find it a bit of a refreshing change that we have a zombie movie with a happy ending. I liked these characters and was glad to see things turn out how they did.

Those action shots were pure Left 4 Dead, though. Every shot of someone running through the fun park firing a shotgun behind them blindly, and then Tallahassee holing up in the booth and firing all around him – straight out of a game.

One of the interesting thought experiments I have pondered about zombie apocalypse (that’s right, I ponder that. What of it?) is whether it would actually draw survivors together for ‘safety in numbers’ or pull them apart out of fear of being screwed over or abandoned at the worst possible time. I like that this movie played into that, the survivor dynamic was funny but kind of real. When Columbus is about to be dropped off by an abandoned truck to head out to find his family on his own, I could fully appreciate his reluctance to lone-wolf it again. Notwithstanding the whole ‘cute girl’ angle that he mentions.

Nothing much to add here except that this movie was great. After the last few disappointing releases (and hearing about how bad Couples Retreat is) the movie is surprisingly fun.

Awesome movie! Way better than Shaun of the Dead, IMO. Woody was amazing and the whole movie was a great laugh fest from start to end.

AAAAA+++++++ WOULD WATCH AGAIN

I was legitimately worried that Woody’s character wouldn’t survive the movie, especially when he went off zombie-battlin’ on his own at the end. I want to see 9 sequels about Tallahassee, right now.

[B]How about 12[/B]?

I would love for Zombieland to take on a SAW-like legacy. Put out a movie every year, different people, different situations, have Tallahassee show up in every film either as a main character, a cameo, or even in a flashback as someone relates a “zombie kill of the week” to other characters… I’d see every single one in the theater. Twice.

Wow. That’s interesting, and explains the feeling of the movie. I didn’t really expect or need a whole lot of exposition concerning the outbreak or the past of the characters. But I felt that it was there. I got kinda the same feeling from District 9. Awesome world creation in these movies.

Brilliant.

That’s a misleading headline if I’ve ever seen one. 12 movies worth of material != 12 movies planned.

Although I’d love it if it did. I agree with jason, making this into a franchise with a (mostly) different group of survivors in every movie could work really, really well.

There is no magic in the setting. This movie was made by the writing and directing. Which, considering how little experience the writers and directors had, speaks well of their talent.

I loved Zombieland but I don’t have any real desire for a sequal. Id rather the writers and director went off to create something new then do zombie comedy again. They messed with the genre with great results, but I dont think it would be as good twice.

Personally I’d love to see them make a Deadpool movie. Anything where they get to have fun turning an established genre around.

I’m hoping that Walking Dead will do so well that a network considers making a Zombieland series.

I saw it over the weekend and I liked it, but I was disappointed they didn’t follow up on some of the more interesting ideas. I kept waiting for someone, ANYONE, to make the ZKotW (The zombie cut in half by the plunging tower ride didn’t even qualify?), which was a great concept that never got explored. I also thought the Zombieland globe would have been a pretty cool tool to make scene transitions --they even use it as such in the beginning to get to the cardio football field-- but we never see it again.

That being said, hey, I’d love to see a sequel.