Forum advertising integration, problems, and comments

Hi all. I’m trying to turn on ads for the forum and running into some issues. You may see ads appear/disappear over the next day or so. If you look in your dev console, you may see some 403 errors and/or other errors the ad script is throwing. While everything is working on the test site (well, it was before I disabled it), it’s not working here and we’re trying to figure out why. None of this should cause you any severe difficulty with browsing the forum, but I wanted to make everybody aware.

As we move forward, please feel free to also use this topic to report problems with ads, etc.

Thanks!

So someone made a comment on the old site about me missing ads while on the grey theme. Now I have Ad-Block with the thumbs up green sign on every piece of this site so far. That means it’s not blocking right? I guess if I am blocking ads still I wouldn’t know what else to do.

Thanks for asking. We are ironing out kinks with them, so they’re not really turned on yet. They should be on in a day or two.

Greyfolio didn’t block ads though, fwiw.

That’s what I hear, but I don’t have this new site set-up any differently than I did the last one. Apparently others expected ads on in my screenshot, and they were not there. I would see that bright doritos add once in awhile at the top but I don’t recall seeing things on the side.

We’re still working on this, by the way. Apologies for the blank ad spaces. That means that Google hears us and is responding, but that the account needs re-verification or something.

A little more ad integration work is ongoing. Pardon any annoying/misplaced/broken ads. Feel free to discuss them here.

By the way, are any of you AdSense experts?