Welcome to the new Quarter to Three forum

Overall a bit confusing, but that was to be expected. But yeah, I’m all for what Mr_Bismarck an other people said: a simple “mark all read” function in each category or the main board would be super-handy AND bold vs. thin should denote new/unread threads. It’s not like one is asking for a thing we’re simply used to from the old QT3 forum - it’s pretty much like that in other forums and forum software solutions. And no, dismiss isn’t doing the same.

Other than that, it seems to be a smooth transition.

That already exists, use the dismiss button on the new and unread tabs.

You can’t “dismiss” a topic you never set a notification state on. See your user preferences for the definitions of new and unread.

I was looking for the like button to the first post :-)

Hopefully with QT3 on the wagon, it wont be soon until we get user-selectable themes.
qt3 at night for life :)

I agree. It’s weird not to see who started the topic anymore, or who last commented aside from the avatar. However, if you mouse over the avatar it gives you a user popup with the Most Recent Poster tagline.

-xtien

Tried to upload an image, but got a message it wasn’t completed due to low memory. I am on a 1,5 year old LG G3s, no other apps running. Maybe the image was too large?

That’s something, but it’s still a layer of obfuscation over the information that doesn’t need to be there.

Maybe we’ll just write a plugin that only disables likes when Tom is surfing the forum.

What I recommended to Tom and had in place was showing both topic creator and last poster avatar, but Tom wanted it to show only one avatar.

Part of the problem was that the header still read “users”. Sop if you showed only the icons of the originating poster and the last poster, it made it look like only two people were “using” the thread. Now that we’ve figured out how to change the header, I’m amenable to showing additional info in that field, but I’m also keen on minimizing avatar noise.

And for the record, if it’s ever an option to replace the avatars in the field with text, we will absolutely do that. Avatars as a complement to a username is one thing. An avatar instead of a username is obfuscation I simply don’t understand.

-Tom

Tom, does that little shield next to your name mean that you’re only behind partial cover?

I would prefer to see both the thread starter and the last poster also. And I agree that text would be better than avatars here.

I have my own nitpicks and edge cases like everyone else, but overall I love the new look and functionality. Great work, tom/clay/wumpus/stusser et al!

Like++

Yea, even with my frustrations thanks to the group who worked on getting this up and running (and over a US/Canada holiday weekend no less).

Hey @Sam_Jones, have you got link to your stylish mod? If so, update your post as I have added it to the FAQ.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t even think about that! Thank you everyone involved!

Wow, this is slick. I almost don’t even miss Tapatalk, aside from the immediate familiarity, which I’ll get over. Looking forward to this brave new tomorrow.

+1 Like

Still getting used to the new forum. Quick Question: is there a way for users to disable showing “suggested topics”?

At this point I just think there is too much cluster, too many useless info on display, like how many unread posts and new topics. Less is more. Always.

[quote=“Soma, post:141, topic:119997, full:true”]
Quick Question: is there a way for users to disable showing “suggested topics”?[/quote]

There is not. But over time, as you use the forum, it will be much more responsive and relevant to your reading habits.

-Tom