Which 7-Up Guy is your favorite?

Classic 7-Up Guy or New 7-Up Guy?

Orlando Jones all the way…he may have flazed his career since, but as the 7-Up man he was gold

When did 7-Up get a Guy?

I think I need to watch more TV.

-Tom

TV? What’s that? ;)

• Alan

Tom:

It was all part of 7-Up’s new brash ad strategy (trying to compete with Mountain Dew for the “whoa, dude!” demographic, one suspects), which heralded the introduction of their wacky new slogan: “Make 7-Up Yours!”

I kid you not, lover.

I’ll choose the original 7-Up guy, Spot.

http://www.thebeckoning.com/spot.html

I’m indifferent to the guy, but I love 7-Up’s advertising policies.

The shirt that says “Make 7” on the front and “Up Yours” on the back is nothing shy of genius.

And their commercial with the calendar shoot using the truck driver is a big “Screw you” to every ad company that uses sex to sell things. They had the opportunity, and showed that they were better than that.

I don’t drink the stuff, but I really admire their commercials. I seldom mute them.

(Let’s not forget the one playing fetch with the dog.)

I vote for that islander guy from the early 80’s:
“Crisp and Clean, with no caffeine. Ha-hahaha!”

I had completely forgotten about that guy… THANK YOU ANDREW!

Is that a ‘THANK YOU :D’ or a ‘THANK YOU :roll:’ ?

• Alan

Completely sincere. Even though the guy annoyed me at the time it was good to regain touch with a forgotten memory.

Geoffrey Holder is that original 7-Up guy. He played Baron Samedi in “Live and Let Die,” won a Tony for Best Director and Best Costume Design for “The Wiz,” and did a ton of other work. I wonder how he feels about achieving the most fame for being “The Uncola Nut” guy?

Yep, Bub broke the story on the Uncola guy. I remember that well. I think we all do.

Apparently this thread is part of a viral marketing campaign. Jeff Trabb: on the 7UP payroll.

I have some free 7-Up tennis visors and t-shirts for the first guy to name the percentage of caffiene in each can of refreshing 7-Up.

0% ?

–Dave

I’m sorry. I just lost my job at 7-Up for surfing message boards at work. If you’d like to claim your free prizes, please contact my supervisor here:

[email protected]