2017: Whither Democrats?

The Conservative right has swung so Far Right that in 2018 the Moderate Left is now actually the Center, and that seems to be where the majority of Americans fall politically. They want healthcare reform, they want LGBTQ rights, they want DACA and immigration rights and reform, they want education reform, they want gun control legislation, they want racism addressed, they want climate change addressed…and it increasingly looks like the Democrats are the only party willing to do these things, while Republicans continue to say and do horrifying shit on a daily basis.

This will prove itself one way or the other in November. The Democrats better not squander the opportunity.

Yeah, we probably will :)

d21ae532c523f2a37cd251c8adab1e26--will-rogers-quotes-political-party

Why aren’t more Democratic politicians this straightforward?

Wisconsin is all about who’s motivated. Through 2016 the Republicans were motivated and the Dems were lethargic. Now the script has flipped. The Dems will still need to come up with a candidate if they hope to oust Scott Walker in November. So far nobody’s emerged. It does look very good for Tammy Baldwin retaining her Senate seat though.

:) 345

Ruh-roh

"In midterms, it is not unusual for only a third of the population to vote. That was how the Tea Party took over Congress in 2010 and hobbled President Obama permanently from accomplishing virtually any of his legislative agenda. The Tea Party was billed as a grass roots movement, but it was a covert operation of a few far right wing billionaires, who were afraid Obama would raise their taxes to pay for universal health insurance. […]

The money of a handful of cranky old white rich people is only efficacious because everybody else is playing couch potato and moaning at the television screen. […]

Going to your town square and protesting will have zero effect if you don’t give money to a candidate, walk the neighborhood ringing doorbells for her, and get out the vote."

Wow. Shri sounds like an Indian version of Trump, from the flip-flopping on positions, to simply wanting to do whatever his consultants think will be popular, to being a shitty business person who is being sued for his shitty business practices. He should have run as a Republican, and then, when he lost, Trump would have appointed him as head of the SEC or some such.

Democrat Abdul El-Sayed seems like the actual progressive candidate in that race. It also sounds like he is very underfunded though, and in a three-way race with a moderate candidate and a rich guy, that’s not going to go well for him.

Jason Kander’s Let America Vote group sure does have him spending a lot of time in New Hampshire. Just sayin’.

No special will be held in that district; they’ll be without representation until the November midterms. (And Dent announced months back that he wasn’t seeking reelection.)

Kind of a bullshit move by Charlie. I get it that he’s frustrated with the current Trumpian state of the party…but this is the gig; you get elected, unless health or family issues sidetrack you, you serve.

I’m sure the President will issue a statement soon that he prefers Congressmen that actually serve our their full term. What a shitbag snowflake. I mean I disagree with everything he and his party stand for but at least serve out your term, you piece of crap.

Hey, he outlasted Chaffetz!

This is amusing. I find it hard to think the Democrats could win this seat, but Ted Cruz really is hated by seemingly everyone.

Twitter comment:

Perhaps the swamp is draining itself?
8 replies 11 retweets 180 likes

Holy shit holy shit.

HOLY CRAP KELLI WAND FOR AZ SENATOR! Oh, Ward nm.

Kelly Wand might have a better chance of winning a statewide race than Kelli Ward does. Which is wonderful.

Cruz is very polarizing. 47% approve of him, 44% don’t, and there’s not much that going to change either group. The people who don’t approve of him really really don’t approve of him. Like me and everyone I know. O’Rourke is a good candidate, but it will all depend on whether dems actually vote. It could be a shocker, but I’m not holding my breath either.

In AZ, are any of the GOP candidates for Senator… not crazy? I know Ward is… Arpaio is. I don’t know who the other is.