2017: Whither Democrats?

Holy shit. Wow.

I need to see the video of what happened there.

No video, just audio.

Holy shit, what a slimy piece of garbage.

He can go to the special hell with, well, the rest of the evil bastards.

Statement in no way matches the audio.

Heh he’s gonna win because this country is full of garbage people.

Prove me wrong, Montana.

Those meddling liberal reporters.

He may win because about 20-30% of the total vote in Montana has already been cast through early voting.

That in no way invalidates the argument that the country is full of garbage people, just that some of them go cast their votes for MicroHitlers early!

Correcting myself: 250,000 votes already cast in Montana, 2/3rds of the expected total are in.

Usually, Dems are the ones who vote early, so this might hurt him if the Republicans who would vote on election day change their minds. That said, I think if you vote Republican, you won’t care about this period.

Having this many early votes is a good sign for Dems in general, though Montana may be unusual.

Yeah, no Republican is going to hear that and suddenly change their mind. Hell he’ll probably gain votes.

If only someone up-thread had thought to ask for some anecdote from a native Montanan on how this might play with conservatives in that state.

Ahhhh so now anecdotes are useful!

Nah, I’m not presenting it as data. Just as sentiment-based input on the situation. Illustrating how it may be possible for Montana’s brand of Republican voting and conservatism to hew a little closer to what we see in Utah than what we see out of the deep south, typically.

The data point is the 250,000 people who have already voted. That’s why Gianforte is likely to already have won this, despite his actions.

Would have been funnier from a BBC reporter.