2017: Whither Democrats?

It may not be treason, but it sure is idiocy to even imagine that it might happen, ever.

It was treason when the South did it, it would be treason if California and New York did it.
This issue was settled in blood a long time ago.

The political lines that exist today will always exist, forever, and it’s idiocy to think otherwise.

In the case of “What the United States is”, yes. Any scenario where a state would be allowed to secede (or could do so by force) involves invoking fantasy/sci-fi/comic book plot points.

If you’re having elections constantly stolen from you- then you are oppressed and you no longer live in a democracy period.

3 elections in the past 20 years would be outright theft, especially if in the 3rd one there are massive irregularities on top of it. At that point the democratic process has failed completely, and the treason has been commited by the other side.

I’m not saying do it if it’s a legit loss. If it’s a loss caused either by massive (more than Hillary) electoral college shenanigans, or outright, obvious fraud in certain states (which will also be obvious based on polling)- then it’s time to take direct action. Before you say I’m insane, if this scenario happens (and it’s plausible- just look at my state)- then there is no more democracy in the United States- we’d be no different politically than Venezuela.

The Constitution is only valid if there is rule of law.

No issue is ever 100% settled. The Soviet Union also said it was indivisible , and look what happened to it. So did Yugoslavia. George Washington and our founding fathers were considered traitors by the British.

The goal in such a secession crisis is to get enough of the military to back you to make it not worthwhile, or for the military to take matters into their own hands. (I do not think they’d be loyal to an outright illegitimate government, and if they are, then the dream of the United States is completely dead.)

Hell, why should California and New York secede? Have you seen how crowded the Bay area is? They should instead look to flyover country and the South as lebensraum for the coastal elites!

Lol, if I was the governor of CA, instead of spending all that money on healthcare, I’d start a secret program to import 200,000 voting Californians temporarily into NC, MI, PA, and OH to swing those states in 2020. I’d host some folks for a few months to help counter-rig the elections here.

The hell is going on in Montana?

Respected reporter, covering US Politics for The Guardian:

Body slamming a reporter in front of other reporters and a TV crew seems like something you might want to avoid doing on election night eve.

Body slam, as in…body slam? Or just some sort of shoulder to shoulder contact?

Who knows, seems like people that are voting R these days would cheer him on.

Body slam as in, his feet were seen flying up in the air by another reporter. (as triggercut beat me to saying)

Body slamming a reporter for liberal British newspaper? That’s like hitting the trifecta for the modern GOP!

I gotta agree that I don’t see this negatively impacting him. Bunch of guys in bars are probably high-fiving each other as we speak. It would be interesting thought to see if charges can be brought. Can’t wait to see the video.

Event where Gianforte was at was supposed to run for another hour and fifteen minutes. He just left in a big SUV, won’t speak there, no comment from campaign.

But not under arrest.

So it turns out I know a native Montanan! Silkworm lead singer Tim Midyett. I asked him if this might not actually play into Gianforte’s favor, and he says…no, basically. Montana is Republican, but it’s not like you think. Unfortunately, a lot of early voting has already happened.

https://twitter.com/timmidyett/status/867531558999162880