2018 Frame Game

Cryptark?

Well done!

It is indeed Cryptark, a great game that’s also gorgeous to look at. Soooo good. Your turn, @Scotch_Lufkin !

Awesome! I love that game, I recognized it right away, but I haven’t played it in awhile. Which is a shame, and maybe I should rectify that.

Speaking of great games, here is my first frame!

Tacoma?

Gone Home

Prey?

Wow, yep, that’s correct!

I thought it would have taken at least the second frame to puzzle through it, this screen only shows up once and early in the game!

You’re up @nijimeijer!

It’s the font. Gave it away. Few games use that distinctive style; Tacoma was another one that used a similar font in their marketing materials, which is likely where the guess came from (I haven’t played it, so no idea if it shows up in game).

Jesus, I just guessed a frame from a font. Wtf.

I’ll try to have something up soon.

LOL. Yes, exactly. :)

That’s like the time that @Pod guessed what I was sure was gonna be a really fun “bonus round” where I was gonna try to get people to guess a particular infamous Starcraft 2 professional match off the first frame because the color of some nondescript arrow felt familiar to him :)

Exactly - I’m sure it uses that font (or similar) throughout the game, and it’s all about playing back recordings…

BTW I’m not bitter or anything, but one of the screens I posted once revealed nothing but a single shade of brown (seriously, all pixels the exact same colour), and it was guessed in minutes.

Some people here have recognized games right in the first frame because of the color palette or some minor detail like that. You never know what will activate your memories, but sometimes it can be a small thing. That’s more normal than it seems. ;)

This was super familiar, but nowhere in all time I’d figure it without the GUI: here is what Cryptark looks like in Toaster mode.

It’s like totally alternate esthetics!

That’s actually really impressive! Whoever was in charge of art in Cryptark was excellent.

@nijimeijer Poke.

Sorry; running out of games to post! I mean, not really, but it’s tough to choose one and then get a shot (rather than just Googling a shot).

Deadlight?

Nope!

Half-life

Stalker?