2018 Frame Game

You’re on the right track with Rastan. Was kind of a spiritual sequel. Surely some one here has played this or at least seen/heard of it.

Ah yes! I think I watched Macaw play it on twitch!
But I’ve wasted my chance, and probably won’t remember the name.

Well, crap. Guess I have to pick a new game. That one was Volgarr the Viking. Will post a new one shortly.

:)

The name sounds familiar , but never played it.

I thought it seemed to make quite a splash back when it came out in 2013. Oh well. Let’s go with something a little different.

Muri?

Nope. Never heard of that. Just looked it up. Pretty cool to see a modern throwback to DOS platformers. We get a lot of that for console-style ones, but almost never those old DOS games. Nice.

Dead Cells!

Nope! But man, that IGN review plagiarism was quite the thing.

Commander Keen

Nope.

Duke Nukem? (no, not the 3D one :D)

Daniel Remar does amazing stuff, mostly freeware, like Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt, or Iji.

Also I won’t spoil it, but Muri’s story is something special.

His game Hero Core is, I think, a small masterpiece. Absolutely top-notch creature and boss design. Thanks for reminding me that he has other games.

http://www.remar.se/daniel/herocore.php

Huh. Cool stuff.

Also, not Duke Nukem. Onto the next frame:

Oh Pool of Radiance of course!

That’s it! I was trying to be sneaky. Perhaps a little too sneaky. I was actually showing you WAY more of the screen than you guys probably realized. Here’s the full version:

I played it for the first time earlier this year.
I didn’t get very far though: tying it to the nostalgic gaming thread, the interface was a bit much for me.

It’s honestly extremely punishingly hard. While it is the game that started it all for the Gold Box games, it’s also kind of the worst from what I’ve heard (I haven’t played them all). Curse of the Azure Bonds is the direct sequel and you start out with (IIRC) level 5 characters if you’re not importing from Pool of Radiance. And just in general it’s not as brutal starting out. Also has way more story/plot to it. Lots of minor improvements too. It’s generally a better game overall.

As for this new screenshot. Hrm. Viewtiful Joe?