2018 Frame Game

Heart Hearter 2: Heart Harder

Concrete Jungle!
I knew those hearts were familiar.

You are correct.

@Left_Empty: all yours.

Didn’t check this one, sorry in advance if it’s already been done!

Crawl?

Oh, nice thinking, but nope!

Soul Blazer?

Nope. Somebody will have to do it someday, it’s been coming around too many times!

What a giveaway.

Well I didn’t think that one would last that long. What do I know!

OH! Very tricky game you’ve chosen. Love the choice. Dragon’s Fury?

Edit: Derp. Deleted the first post because I didn’t reply directly to Left_Empty so he’d get the notification. Didn’t know it’d keep it here for 24 hours.

It is indeed Dragon’s Fury/Devil Crash. I really thought it was well known? This is from the PC-Engine version.

Dragon’s Fury, the Western release for the Megadrive/Genesis, is one of my earlier stumbling against a “DRM” of sort: I had bought the game for my Japanese Megadrive, and I was met with a screen telling me I should play it in 50Hz, like is expected from European suckers. I went back to the store, where they kindly exchanged the cartridge for Shining in the Darkness, a game I would grow obsessed with.

Anyway, it was an awesome digital pinball game, that is still a joy to play today. And what a soundtrack.

I knew that looked familar. I don’t know what Dragon’s Fury was, I played (something like) this called Devil’s Crush/Alien Crush on TG-16. My cousin and I were obsessed with it, probably the king of pinball for me for many, many years.

I’ve never heards of this game before. From the screenshots it looks like a cross between pinball and a tower defence game. From this video it kind of seems like that, but with more shmupy elements.

Though it seems to have a single table and many boss battle "bonus stages’.

I rented it on the Genesis back in the day. A few times actually. One of those games to actually make fun/interesting/unique use of video pinball, up there with Sonic Spinball, Flipnic and Rollers of the Realm.

The brain is a funny thing. I didn’t think about it at all when I picked my game, but Devil Crash was one of the absolute favorite games of my dad (he ever played a single kind of game: digital pinball.), so much so I had bought and set up a Supergrafx with the game in his living room for this purpose. It’s interesting I picked precisely this game when he is facing what are likely the final months of his life.

Anyway, Captain Blood?

Not Captain Blood. Wow, I forgot about that game. I remember reading about it on Home of the Underdogs back in the day and wanting to play it. It looks amazing. Maybe some day I’ll do so.

Dungeon Master