2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

Panzer Elite?

Space Harrier?

W-W-WINNER!

It’s the CPC version of Space Harrier, featuring pretty darn hot jams too.

What is happening in that screenshot? I can’t even tell. I see the sky, and the ground, and … maybe trees? And windmills? Or something?

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone ¬_¬

Windmeals please. @tomchick was so good at this game.

Ah the memories.

An image of the game played on something slightly less antique:

You’re the blonde dude. You have a big gun and can fly. It’s basically a 3rd person schmup. I loved the hell out of this game when I was a kid.

Tried many times to like Space Harrier over the years, but just it’s just not for me (like shmups in general). However, the music from it is GODLY. Like, top 10 video game songs of all time godly.

It doesn’t matter what version of the game it is, or what system it’s on, or even what other random Sega game uses the song, it NEVER gets old for me.

It’s not a gun, it’s a baguitarpipe! At least in my kid’s head.

M2 Widescreen Space Harrier amazing space harrier

Like all arcade game, it requires pretty tough learning (which implied money at the time), but it’s actually quite approachable.

It’s not that the game isn’t good. I’ve TRIED to like it, because I love the music (and Yu Suzuki/AM2) so much, but it just never grabs me. I’ve played at least 4 or 5 different incarnations of the game, and, yeah, just not for me. Most fun was the arcade, obviously. That joystick is more than half the fun of it, for me.

CPC?! I hang my head in shame, I was sure I had the platform right.

@vinraith That’s basically indistinguishable from the C64 version.

ANYWAY moving on, next frame!

Eidolon?

Oh yeah, I think I played that game within Shenmue on the Dreamcast by going down to the Arcade.

Best thing about Shenmue if you ask me. :)

Untitled Goose Game?

That walking simulator that’s named something like Protheus

A short hike