2020 Match 1 of The Resistance: Avalon

I still think Rowe, me, Jorn and someone else with the spotlight on that person is our best bet.

Hokay, I’ll go with myself, @rowe33, @Snebmi and @Jorn_Weines then.

@Lantz

Proposed Team 2b:
@knightsaber <- leader
@rowe33
@snebmi
@jorn_weines

All Players Please Vote (If you haven’t already):
@caseyrobinson
@rho21
@rowe33 Strong Leader
@knightsaber
@cuthbert
@soondifferent
@scottagibson
@craigm
@jorn_weines In the Spotlight
@snebmi Chicago Proxy

Team 2B Vote Results:
@caseyrobinson - No
@rho21 - No
@rowe33 - Yes
@knightsaber - Yes
@cuthbert - Yes
@soondifferent - No
@scottagibson - No
@craigm - No
@jorn_weines - Yes
@snebmi - Yes

The vote is 5-5 the team is a no go.

@Cuthbert please propose 2C

So, it appears the attempt to reverse-engineer the trust train is not working, I’ll go in a different direction.

Myself
@Knightsaber
@soondifferent
@scottagibson

Proposed Team 2C:
@cuthbert <- leader
@knightsaber
@soondifferent
@scottagibson

All Players Please Vote (If you haven’t already):
@caseyrobinson
@rho21
@rowe33 Strong Leader
@knightsaber
@cuthbert
@soondifferent
@scottagibson
@craigm
@jorn_weines In the Spotlight
@snebmi Chicago Proxy

There are four people in the chain - me, Casey, Rowe, Jorn - and this mission takes four out of the remainder. If there are 4 Evils in the chain, this mission has a 100% (6/6 to the fourth power) chance of being clean. If there are three, there is a 48% (5/6 to the fourth power) chance of this mission being clean. If there are two, there is a 20% (4/6 to the fourth power) chance of this mission being clean. If there is one, there is a 6% (3/6 to the fourth power) chance of this mission being clean.

Plus, what does this mission tell us? I’m not exactly sure why the spotlight-and-either-Rowe-is-confirmed-Evil-or-we’re-2-0 plan keeps getting rejected, but what will we know if this mission fails? We’ll have no clue who to blame and we’ll have lost our lead. In what way would this mission help at all?

In summary: the odds of a clean mission are low and we’ll learn nothing from a failure.

I could choose myself and three of you, but there’s no indication that will be accepted where the other ones weren’t

I tried, the people said no.

Its a team of 4 people, containing precisely zero of the people from an already successful mission.

Meaning that you would have to have an evil on mission one, given the votes a possibility with some weight towards rowe as evil so evil voted yes to give him cards, and get all four other good players correct.

Which the odds of picking 4 of 4 good players from a pool of 7 (assuming there was evil on 1) is very poor. And if 1 was clean and the votes were camouflage? Then we really are hosed with no members.

Also the way @Snebmi is trying to manipulate the Spotlight choice feels somewhat in search of motivated justification.

I know. I’m not sure why.

points two posts up

My proposed spotlight usage wouldn’t clear me at all. At best, we’re up 2-0. At worst, we have a confirmed Evil. That’s about the best use of the spotlight you can get.

11% chance of a clean mission if there was an Evil on Team 1. Not great odds, especially since we’ll know nothing if we fail.

I generally think the more team votes, the better for good and the worse for evil.

So are we split between favoring the people from the first mission vs. the chain that has been worked on then? Gonna have to pick something soon.

Actually, right now it seems like neither. As Craig pointed out, there’s not many from the first mission on this team. Although the first mission passed under fairly suspicious circumstances, so.

Literally one. And none from the chain.

It would suck to de-evolve into random picking.