2020 Match 1 of The Resistance: Avalon

I think in basic terms. I probably shouldn’t.

My basic and terribly un-logical brain would think that if someone is Good and named to a team, they would want to vote yes to go. I was pretty certain that would fail, because Mission 1 (Meta!).

It didn’t. So it baffles me.

It’s pretty likely team 1 was dirty but we just don’t know which part yet.

I’ll just side-eye literally everyone else.

Doesn’t seem I’ll get anything useful here so :

Open Up goes to jorn.

@Lantz @Jorn_Weines

I’m expecting you’ll use it to open up to me.

It doesn’t really matter because the card has been given out, but basically (also for simplicity I’m assuming whoever got the card would open up to Rowe, but it would work with anyone):

If the card went to Casey, and Rowe saw Casey is Good, Rowe knows I am Evil, Jorn is Evil, Casey is Good. That’s three. If Casey is Evil, I am probably not Evil but I could be, and Jorn is somewhat more likely Evil than me.

If the card went to me, and Rowe saw I am Good, Rowe knows I am Good and Casey is Evil. If he saw I am Evil, he knows Jorn is Evil and nothing for certain about Casey.

If the card went to Jorn (which it did), and Rowe saw Jorn is Evil, we know very little. It’s possible I am Evil, it possible I am Good. If Rowe saw Jorn is Good, I am Good, and Casey is Evil.

But you’re right that it’s not definitive information for anyone else, because who knows if Rowe is telling the truth, but this would be what Rowe would know.

Extending the chain is probably the best bet, however, because there are only four Evils, and if we can use the last overheard to check Rowe, and assuming Rowe and Jorn are both Good, I would be nearly cleared. There would be a way to 100% clear me at that point, but I’m going to wait on any future strategizing until we hear back from Jorn.

Edit: by future strategizing I mean planning way in the future for events beyond my control (such as card draws)

My theories: Morgana subterfuge, rowe is evil getting to distribute cards, known evil laying low (rho tops suspect chart for that as the yes vote) and providing cover for others, simultaneous random noise

Having now finished the thread, I think the ‘rowe is evil and getting to pass cards’ moves up to most likely, but still <50%, odds. Open up is curious, so passing it to a fellow evil could cast shade on a possible good Casey.

Which says nothing about the team. Evil often considers team 1 a free success, and so might be less concerned with forcing a teammate. Bonus points absolute certainty evil voted yes casts shade on the potentially good members.

So the prospect of controlling cards is certainly a compelling case

I opposed it because, assuming Snebmi is good for reasons previously provided, he and I make 2 of the 6 goods. If he’s not on the team, the odds of an evil on the team are pretty high.

That said, this:

…makes sense to me too.

So, Craig’s theory is that Good Casey passes Overheard to Evil Jorn, who overhears Evil Me and says I’m Good. I then declare Casey as Evil for some reason, causing me to get left off Team 1 and miss out on Strong Leader which I almost certainly would have gotten if I’d said Casey was Good, then Team 1B is voted up so that Evil Rowe can pass cards out, and Rowe is Evil because he has cards and 1B passed, even though Rowe voted against 1B?

Is Craig actually advancing a theory?

Looks more like presenting a case than pushing a theory.

Edit: Presenting a possibility more than a ‘case’.

Protest too much?

I am not declaring Casey good. In fact I am refusing to take a stance on that particular split at the moment.

Merely that Casey is possibly good, from my perspective.

Regardless of your alignment I find the choice of open up curious.

Also what @Knightsaber and @scottagibson said

Who would you have given Open Up to?

Probably one of you three! As someone, maybe you, said above this provides the most usable information.

I’ll use it on Snebmi just to make sure I got it right last time.

Haha, no. I’ll check @rowe33 @Lantz.

Jorn you’re opening up to someone else.

There’s nothing wrong with OU going to @Jorn_Weines IMO. It’s a reasonable play, a chance to extend the chain of trust from Jorn->Snebmi.

Edit: Yes, @Jorn_Weines, you’re supposed to Open Up to someone else.

You pick a person who gets to see your loyalty.