2020 Non-Presidential Election Thread

Can you imagine how much pressure there is every day to have a larger American flag in your yard than your neighbors?

Or who’s Escalade has the darkest window tint to show off Jesus and Trump stickers?

Highest sales of truck nuts to any zip code

While it’s undeniably good news, he was running unopposed for some odd reason.

Judging by recent history, all the GOP candidates are probably indicted on one crime or another.

Maybe I’m misreading where her unpopularity comes from, but I’m not surprised. She’s made a show every time of being hesitant to rubberstamp whatever the GOP wants but always ends up doing it. To the Trumplettes, I could see her looking like an unreliable ally. For everyone else, the show she’d put on got annoying fast. I can see why few people like her.

Yeah, there’s room for a Senator to straddle the gap between the two parties (c.f. Joe Manchin), but not for a Senator who shimmies from side to side trying – and failing – to appease both constituencies.

I think if she had actually shimmied from side to side, she would be doing better. The problem is that she sided with Kavanaugh and that really exposed her for the useless GOP tool that she is.

She certainly squandered her good will from a couple of years ago. To think people were giving her spontaneous applause at the airport…

My Susan Collins “whoooa what an independently-minded, bipartisan Senator!” goodwill from checks notes 2009 has run so very thoroughly out.

It works if you’re consistent with your views, but she bounced randomly around like she was Rand Paul.

Another House retirement, but this is not a seat that Dems can pick up. The last Dem rep there was in 1981.

This was interesting though: starting in 1996 the Republican candidate typically got 70% of the vote, or more. Then in 2018 he lost 15 points. The Blue Wave had strength!

This is good news for flipping Florida.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I think actually winning would do more good.

More good than what?

That seeing a Republican reelected.

Because if this is a “deep red district” in Georgia that’s now “in play” then sending in a bisexual black guy is probably good way to make sure it stays red.