2020 Non-Presidential Election Thread

Here’s a thread to talk about election topics for 2020 not related to the Presidential.

Lamar Alexander is retiring. Not really a pickup opportunity for Dems, but the guy’s been around since 2002.

Is Tennessee at the state level uncontestable for Dems in 2020? Seems like a possibility at least.

If Blackburn won by 11 points last month, it likes like a steep climb to contest Alexander’s vacation seat in 2020.

Fair enough. TN should suck less IMO.

I am ridiculously excited to vote Cory Gardner out of the Senate

And he’s a Senator!

Isn’t our world great?

I thought the title was a commentary on how unpresidential the upcoming presidential election is anticipated to be. I guess that would be the 2020 Unpresidential Election Thread though.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. He is absolutely despised across the education community.

Another Republican retiring. I’d say Kansas is a long shot flip, but not impossible.

Republicans in dissaray!

Totally not the party of racists and pedophiles.

Somehow they just keep appearing on ballots and getting nominated. It’s a mystery, really.

This came up on my market place tech podcast.

Our we in a 1980s sci-fi dystopia yet?

I guess this is the right place?

I was most impressed by the fact that the guy is retiring to spend time with his family in advance of his NINTH child being born. NINTH.

If I had nine kids I’d be asking about a position as an ambassador to … (Googles “most remote country on earth”) … the Pitcairn Islands.

Ack! Good place to get killed, Pitcairn Island. Ask Fletcher Christian.

This is the Rep that appeared on MTV’s The Real World back in the day, marrying another super Republican cast member.

It’s amazing that this guy was elected, since he seems to have zero qualifications.

The dude was a professional… lumberjack? Not a real one, but just one that competes? His skillset seems to be… can climb a tree real fast. And then was on the “Real World”? He’s literally nothing more than a handsome monkey.

Sorry to hear about his 9th kid being messed up though, that sucks for anyone, and I’d not wish that one anyone.

Dont take your nine kids, its an island that was ruled by paedophiles. They had to build a special jail just for them.

Another Texas House Republican quitting. But this guy reps an 80% Trump district, so it’s not like he was facing a tough election.

An 80% Trump district? I can’t even imagine what kind of shithole that must be.