2020 Trump/Biden Debate #1

You’ve seen so much, Dan, make it straight Scotch.

This really would be amazing.

Agreed. My wife and I cannot enjoy her bits either for the same reason. I just go straight to rage when he talks.

While I enjoy a good scotch, I would consider this event to be a straight Bulliet rye thing. But things being equal, I have vodka and club soda.

So there ya go.

That tweet needs some quotation marks. “Fritos”

This a night for cheap grain booze made in a still in the woods. Why waste the good stuff?

Smirnoff counts, right?

Like several others here, I just can’t stomach listening to Trump speak, so I’ll be another one relying on you all (and folks like Daniel Dale on Twitter) to provide the highlights.

I was thinking about watching it. I wanted to watch it, but it conflicts with putting my kids to bed. And then I realized, “Thank goodness!” because I really shouldn’t watch this. I’m not even American. I’m happy to follow along by reading the snark, after the fact, the way I do with most of the other live events that get covered here. Help me, Qt3. You’re my only hope.

Not sure if I should start with the Porter…

…or go straight to the Scotch…

Okay, I admit I already started with the Porter…

OMG I had to sit next to Susan Collins on a flight from DC back to Maine. So I ordered a drink and she did too, a vodka and soda. I was like “who drinks that?!”

Now I know. 😉

I’m already 3 Irish Bucks in, on the assumption that I’m gonna need some alcohol cushioning to sit through this motherless fuck lying his ass off for 2 hours.

Why do we put ourselves through this?

For what it’s worth, that’s my 75-year-old mother’s preferred drink, too… so now you know three people. ;)

How should I watch this if I don’t have cable? All the big networks are streaming on YouTube I read, but which channel has the best news division?

I like Black Buttes (and I cannot lie) but porter is too weak for this. I’ve got some Narwhals lined up for when my meetings end and I an tune in.

Or the last 4 years, whatevs.

I’ll be watching along with Crooked Media.

PBS or C-SPAN would be my suggestions.

Ooh I’ve never tried that one but it looks fantastic. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. Have you tried Great Lakes Brewery’s Edmund Fitzgerald porter? It’s probably my favorite of the style.