2021 Match 1 of The Resistance: Avalon

Jostly is pure Evil. So we’ve got one NC card waiting to be played on any 5th team nomination.

Ugh. Any suggestions on who to open up to then?

• Craig is the crawling nuclear chaos
  • We know one or both of Rowe33 or Jostly is evil
  • CF_Kane and Lantz were part of first failed expedition
  • If Kane was evil would he have given spotlight to Rowe and NC to jostly?

This is kind of a mess, but I think that the odds are pretty high that if Rowe is evil he would have called Jostly good to have you open up to Jostly and create a chain that would definitely go on the next mission.

Yeah, but then when I pick rowe and Jostly and myself for a team we’d reveal all most evils.

EDIT: actually scratch that. It could just be Rowe that’s evil. so maybe.

You need a fourth person for starters, and Rowe can be evil and jostly and you good so a failure vote wouldn’t clear it all up. And would put good in a hell of a hole to dig out of anyways.

Yeah, so that seems like a way forward. Any other inputs?

I thought I did, but didn’t. Despite liking to attribute rowe with genius machiavellian plans, I don’t really think it’s a thing.

Vile and baseless slander, just as one would expect from evil!

Pure Evil is way worse than Slightly Dirty Evil.

Well not jostly and not Kelly, and probably not Kane. Probably someone who will be picking a team this round.

I gave them out arbitrarily, going backwards in order from my position.

CraigM is acknowledged evil, and he choose Lantz and I to be on a team. He could have chose one or more additional evil players, but it is a high risk play, given the risk of multiple fails. That suggests that Lantz and I are good, or that CraigM is especially clever.

I don’t disagree with this generally, but Craig knew the Spotlight was going to be played, so the odds were good a multiple evil team would be just fine.

We know Craig is evil, and we know at least one of Kelly, Jostly are evil. Kelly seems unlikely to me — why spotlight Evil Craig?

One of them is Oberon, would be my guess.

Possibly, but as Lantz pointed out there’s no reason not to call you good so that I’d put all 3 of us on a team and then blow up the whole chain. This seems like a riskier play for him if he’s evil.

Probably will OC to Rowe soon, get your objections in now.

I object. It’s EC when it’s you, OC for someone else.

I literally snorted, thank you for the compliment!

FINE I EC TO @rowe33

I like to think I am sometimes!

The beauty of it is that, with the spotlight played on me (who was the most likely target for my mission) I can plausibly make arguments for, and against, Lantz being evil.

Two evils, one can self immolate to shield the other! It is a frame job by me, picking as I did a somewhat random player who upon my reveal would become more suspicious by association!

Both are plausible plays. So I have locked @Lantz in Schrodinger’s box, with two options. Which means he is 50% evil because that’s just math :)

Loki is more fun than Robert Redford’s Hydra leader.

I have chosen Loki. Now I get to chew the scenery and throw popcorn for my own amusement.

FINE I’LL SEND THAT TO HIM. You also have a Chicago Proxy to give out too.

And a team to name.

It’s 4 peoples this time, btw.