2021 Match 2 of The Resistance: Avalon

Lantz!

Is this the truth or just being funny?

No, for real. If Lantz sees me being good, he can get some cards to me and/or Casey.

I Open Up to Lantz

EDIT: Corrected the meme picture.

Okie dokie.

Potentially extends the chain, so good choice.

@jostly is good! Both Strong Leader and No Confidence to @jostly.

Team 2A:
@CaseyRobinson
@jostly
@Otthegreat
@Lantz

Send in your votes:
@CaseyRobinson
@Otthegreat
@Lantz
@scottagibson
@Perky_Goth
@CF_Kane
@rowe33
@soondifferent
@CraigM
@jostly

FYI here’s the list of card holders:

jostly - No Confidence, No Confidence, Strong Leader

(Pretty much summing up my mental state during my year since taking co-leadership of my company just as the pandemic started.)

The chain is Lantz → Jostly → Casey.

Though all three team-controlling cards to one person is…bold.

Yeah this has the potential to go hilariously wrong. So I’m all for it!

That’s fair, I didn’t think about it too much since I know they are both good but I should have pushed the NC to Casey for everyone else’s mental health. We have a couple Take Responsibilities coming up.

Have 8 votes already, 2 remain, send them along.

Team 2A is approved

@CaseyRobinson
@jostly
@Otthegreat
@Lantz

@CaseyRobinson - Yea
@Otthegreat - Yea
@Lantz - Yea
@scottagibson - Yea
@Perky_Goth - Yea
@CF_Kane - Yea
@rowe33 - Nay
@soondifferent - Yea
@CraigM - Yea
@jostly - Yea

9 Yea
1 Nay

@jostly, do you care to deny this team with one of your many ways of control and wizardry?

Fail early, fail fast. On which side are you, jostly?

Woah. That makes me and Lantz look a little suspicious.

I guess there’s a chance evil knew this team was likely to get the nod and so voted yes to stay hidden?

Hmm, definitely possible.

I mean here we have a chain of 3, plus a fourth on a successful mission. If there was ever a consensus team this seems it. So I give it roughly even odds on this being clean and evil trying not to hide as I do it being tainted.

1. Lantz reported me correctly, and handed me the cards. He’s either good, or a really deep cover evil.
  2. Ott was part of a successful team, but was under the eye.

I think I need to think a little while before I can decide on whether to scrap the team. Maybe @scottagibson has an idea of an alternative team if this one is scrapped?

Full transparency, I was for the team partly because it means I get the cards, and partly because it seemed our best bet for a pass. Worse case it would tell us that we’ve got evil, could be at the top of the chain, could be Otis. And I haven’t really changed my mind on that rationale.

Or you’re both evil, so giving you all the cards was a good plan.

I guess it’s not that clear a choice, yeah. But it’s a pretty big risk.

(Ah, you fixed it as I wrote.) A bit worried it might send us in a goose chase if it’s more than one, but, well, are there better options? Inclined to no.

Yeah, I don’t like it much. But the vote could be just evil trying spook us off this team. And I don’t know that I can name a better team with no other information.