2022 also has plenty of WTF?!?!? moments.

If you are going full media blackout for the Black Panther sequel Wakanda Forever to the point where you aren’t even watching trailers, skip over this.

No spoilers here unless you’re just totally out of the loop on a specific character who is introduced in the upcoming film.

Marvel Artist Throws Shade at Black Panther 2’s ████ Physique - thedirect.com

Marvel Comics artist Mike Deodato, Jr. took to Instagram to throw some shade at the look of Tenoch Huerta’s Namor the Sub-Mariner in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever .

Deodato, Jr. shared a picture of Huerta from the movie’s first trailer alongside a full-body shot of himself, along with the caption “Pencil lifting beats swimming anytime!” to compare his own physique to Huerta’s.

He also included the following caption, expressing his feelings that Marvel Studios “screwed things up” with Namor:

“You can tell somebody screwed things up when a character from a movie looks in worst shape than the 60 years old artist who drew him.”

Looks like Deodato has since “apologized” in a later post.

I recently made a joke about the appearance of a comic book character on screen that got out of hand because of internet haters.
So let me clarify:

-I was mocking the comic book character, not the actor. It could be cgi, a muppet or a robot there, I was targeting a ficcional charter in a movie, not a person in real life.

-I had no idea who was the actor nor his ethnicity. It wouldn’t change a thing for me even if he was from Brasil like myself. So the accusations of me being racist are just dumb.

It was not my intention to hurt anyone’s feelings,
specially the actor in question, who, I am sure will do a great job with the character.

Back to the drawing board. ( with pants this time ).

Would it surprise me to learn there are some comic book fans out there who are constantly annoyed that every live action representation of their favorite character doesn’t look like a zero percent body fat body builder who dedicated their career to maintaining an inhuman physique? Sadly no.

Would it surprise me to learn that a fairly established mainstream comic artist feels that way? Yes, a bit, though I guess it shouldn’t.

Would it surprise me to learn they’re out of touch enough to strip down naked and complain on Instagram about it? Yes, absolutely.

And that apology is hot garbage too. He’s “mocking the comic book character”? 🙄